Pure features are becoming more and more powerful. You need to code the best configuration laptop for programming.
It is also beneficial for speed and storage. Don’t get confused about finding one of the best processors.
Core, thread, and clock speeds are, of course, essential, but memory and storage are just as important. These can be potential bottlenecks or portable and can be used anywhere.
When choosing the best configuration laptop for programming, choose the laptop with the fastest Processing with memory.
Investing in one of the best SSDs will significantly improve your workflow and save you the time it takes to load and run your project.
And when you use it, you will also want to find a keyboard with the best keyboard.
After all, hours of typing can be tiring, and the inconvenience of keyboard typing is not desirable. If your budget allows, get a high-resolution, easy-to-read display.
Graphics cards are also important for game developers working on graphics-intensive projects.
The best programming laptops can help you quickly test, view, and run your applications, websites, or games created.
There seems to be a lot to check the list. Fortunately, we’ve chosen the best laptop for programming, so it’s easy to find the right candidate.
These are our top picks from the best Windows 10 and Mac OS laptops to the best Chromebooks.
Affordable laptops with essential computing resources are not enough to meet Programming requirements.
Therefore, the minimum specification set aims to achieve the best system performance associated with rendering and modeling.
Suppose you are involved in raster and raytraced rendering, including 4K textures. In that case, it may be equal to or better than the recommended system settings.
Top 9 Best Configuration Laptops for Programming in July 2021 [Recommended]
Table of Contents
- Top 9 Best Configuration Laptops for Programming in July 2021 [Recommended]
- 1. Best secured laptop: New Apple MacBook Pro
- Apple MacBook Air (updated)-Cheap MacBook Pro Option
- 2. Best functional laptop: Dell XPS 15
- 3. Best performative laptop: Dell G7 17
- 4. Best all-rounder laptop: Huawei Matebook X Pro
- 5. Best multi-purpose laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad X1
- 6. Best aesthetic laptop: Acer Aspire 5
- 7. Best fastest laptop: Microsoft Surface Pro 6
- 8. Best 15-inch Laptop – HP 15
- 9. Powerful, Light & Thin Laptop – Asus VivoBook S15
- FAQ’s of Best Configuration Laptops for Programming
- Best Configuration Laptops for Programming in 2021 – Reviews
- Conclusion: Best Configuration Laptops for Programming
1. Best secured laptop: New Apple MacBook Pro
- BTO MacBook Pro 13.3" with Retina Display - 61W USB Type-C Power Adapter - USB Type-C Charge Cable (2m) - Apple 1 Year Limited Warranty with 90 Day...
- Apple M1 chip with 8-core CPU and 8-core GPU
- 16-core Neural Engine
- 16GB unified memory
Based on customer feedback on previous models, Apple has guaranteed features on the new Apple MacBook Pro.
This is a complete victory. With the MacBook Pro, programmers can fully experience all the updates Apple has decided to develop with this new model.
The design of the MacBook Pro is slim, stylish, and beautiful, inspired by previous MacBook models. The narrow frame allows the 16-inch screen to fit the MacBook Pro 16 smoothly, and user reviews focus primarily on compliments.
The 16-inch Retina display with dual-tone technology has replaced the show due to its large screen size and 3072×1920 pixels resolution.
It provides clear and precise image quality for MacBook Pro 16.
This laptop has a 2.6GHz 6-core Intel Core i7 processor when it comes to programming, which basically meets potential buyers’ needs.
The MacBook Pro is a high-value 16-inch programming laptop with excellent 512GB SSD storage and 16GB DDR4 RAM. This configuration makes your MacBook powerful.
Weighing just 4.3 pounds, the MacBook Pro 16 is rugged and durable. The graphics unit on this laptop is excellent.
The AMD Radeon Pro 5300M with GDDR6 VRAM GPU is a complete upgrade to the previous model, and the MacBook Pro 16 has such specifications for Android video editing, development, and programming.
The MacBook Pro keyboard is a worthy twin brother.
Its butterfly switch has been replaced with scissors so that the keys don’t stop responding when dust accumulates between the keys.
The MacBook is slim, but big trips add complacency.
Also, the new little touch bar and dedicated Esc key are perfect accessories for Apple-led encoders.
This gives users a great typing experience, making the MacBook Pro the programmer’s first choice.
The laptop also includes a 6-speaker system that supports four offset woofers to enhance the audio experience.
The MacBook Pro 16 can provide 11 hours of continuous performance on a single charge to extend battery life.
This is a benefit for developers. Other features include four Thunderbolt 3 USB Type-C ports, WiFi, Bluetooth, a microphone jack, FaceTime HD website, and Touch ID.
If you want to offer programmers, editors, and gamers the best configuration on the best laptop settings, the Apple MacBook Pro is for you.
Apple MacBook Air (updated)-Cheap MacBook Pro Option
- Apple-designed M1 chip for a giant leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Go longer than ever with up to 18 hours of battery life
- 8-core CPU delivers up to 3.5x faster performance to tackle projects faster than ever
- Up to eight GPU cores with up to 5x faster graphics for graphics-intensive apps and games
This is an option for all Apple fans who can’t afford an expensive MacBook. Therefore, the price of the Apple MacBook Air (2021) is more affordable.
However, this feature does not affect the characteristics or performance of the machine.
From displays with 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage space, and a Retina display with an Apple-designed M1 chip for a giant leap in CPU processor, it’s as impressive as any other expensive laptop.
This laptop features a sleek, ultra-thin design and a durable body, as well as two Thunderbolt USB-C ports.
Last but not least, this laptop also has a long battery life of 11 hours, which can bring you an excellent working experience.
2. Best functional laptop: Dell XPS 15
- Enjoy a 16:10 display that features a stunning edge-to-edge view, now with 922k more pixels on 4K Ultra HD+.
- Equipped with 100% Adobe RGB, 94% DCI-P3 color gamut, VESA certified DisplayHDR 400, and Dolby Vision, this display delivers more than 16 million...
- With a 62% larger touchpad, 5% larger screen, and 5.6% smaller footprint, every element is carefully considered—from its inlayed stainless logos to...
- Integrated Eyesafe display technology helps reduce harmful blue light.
The recently released Dell XPS 15 2021 is certainly a rogue laptop in terms of performance and portability.
As a 15-inch laptop, it’s smaller and lighter than all other 15-inch laptops, thanks to its borderless Infinity display and carbon fiber design.
This laptop weighs only 4 pounds and is perfect for anyone looking for high-performance, thin, and lightweight laptops for coding.
It is equipped with the latest Intel Core i7 (6 core) Ice Lake CPU and Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Ti GPU.
It is ideal for advanced users such as game developers and graphics programmers.
However, if you need more power, you can also opt for an 8-core Intel Core i7 processor with 64GB of RAM and 2TB of SSD storage.
Therefore, this is the most massive machine that can handle even the most demanding coding tasks.
In addition to the hardware, the Dell XPS 15 keyboard is also very suitable for programmers.
A backlit keyboard with 1.5mm scroll keys provides a very satisfying typing experience.
In addition, its touchpad is also responsive, making it the largest touchpad you’ll find on any laptop.
However, you have three USB Type-C ports, two of which support Thunderbolt 3 and 3.5mm peripheral audio jacks.
In that case, the 2021 XPS 15’s connectivity options are minimal.
Moreover, all this glory and power are not cheap. Its price starts at $1,300 and goes up to $3,000. This is a lot higher than other competitors.
If your budget doesn’t matter, the 2021 Dell XPS 15 is the ideal programming Superbook for game developers and those with too much programming.
When you push your laptop to its limit, there are no signs of slowing down, and you can handle everything that is thrown away.
3. Best performative laptop: Dell G7 17
- 【Upgraded Configuration】Its seal box is opened during upgrade for better performance. Substantial high-bandwidth 32GB RAM to smoothly run your...
- 【10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H processor】With 10th Gen Intel Core i7 processors, you can revel in powerful performance without interrupting your...
- 【17.3" Full HD 300Hz Display】Every detail of your game just got magnified thanks to a 17.3"" FHD display with three-side narrow bezel and 300Hz...
- 【NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6 (Max-P Design)】With NVIDIA GeForce RTX discrete graphics, you can game at higher settings with the latest in...
The larger 17.3-inch screen provides more screen space, allowing you to open multiple windows at the same time.
With its rugged design and rugged body, the Dell G7 17 can do its only job of providing game programmers and developers with high-quality settings.
Follow the design method of the previous model.
Moreover, despite its vast specs, it doesn’t look like a gaming laptop.
That’s why many professional computer programmers are considering using it.
The Dell G7 17 is 17 inches tall, much heavier than similar products.
Not suitable for the portability of a 7.28 lb machine, but stands out for its excellent performance.
The 2.6GHz Intel Core i7-9750H processor adds value to your notebook computer.
Whether you’re compiling large code or using a CPU-intensive IDE (such as Android Studio), the processor can easily handle all of them.
Combining a high-quality processor with efficient 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 RAM provides a fast and convenient program and application access to your Dell G717.
Going to the high-performance laptop’s internal storage, you can use the 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD configuration for a standard encoder.
For displays, a 17.3-inch Full HD display helps programmers provide a better experience.
A resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels is also an essential feature of this IPS screen.
The encoder can pass in front of the laptop screen for long periods of time.
The fascinating graphics unit of the Dell G7 17 features the powerful features of the Nvidia GTX Ti 6G GDDR5, which significantly improves midrange notebooks’ programming performance.
This also allows you to use this machine for 3D rendering, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe XD, and Sketch.
So if you’re going to pursue graphic design or web design, nothing can stop you.
However, although the keyboard unit has an RGB backlight function, it is not the best in its class.
The typing experience is also good because the critical path is not deep enough.
The Dell G7 17 speakers are so affordable that you can adjust the sound settings on your laptop.
The Dell G7 17 has a battery life of up to 7 hours, and you can adjust the processor, GPU, and RAM performance of this notebook.
Therefore, it is the right choice for anyone looking for an entry-level midrange laptop to program on a budget.
4. Best all-rounder laptop: Huawei Matebook X Pro
- Watch your favorite shows in HD detail with the MateBook X Pro’s 3K display that features a stunning 3000 x 2000 resolution. Plus, the ultra-thin...
- With a performance boost of 40 percent generation over generation, 8th Gen Intel Core processors deliver the power and responsiveness to make your...
- Go about your day sans charger—the MateBook X Pro delivers an impressive 15 hours per charge, helping it last through a full workday and beyond
- The MateBook X Pro is as portable as it is professional. Its slim and light build weighs in at just 2.9 pounds, so you can throw it in your bag and go
Huawei is the biggest smartphone maker in the world.
Still, with the Huawei Matebook X Pro Signature Edition, the brand has made a massive leap in technical efficiency and methods.
The Matebook X Pro has the best laptop configuration of 1.80GHz Intel Core i7-8550U processor,
which improves performance when combined with the GeForce MX150.
This configuration has 16GB SDRAM and 512GB NVMe SSD internal memory to provide programmers with basic coding routines.
Specification. At specific price points, Huawei is competing with Apple’s MacBook Air.
The Matebook X Pro weighs only 2.86 pounds and is a ready-to-use portable laptop. Given its size and slim body, the laptop can be safely placed on the desktop in flight, significantly increasing productivity from regular users to developers.
The Huawei Matebook is equipped with a 13.9-inch touch screen, providing users with a complete 3k viewing experience with a resolution of 3000 x 2000 pixels.
The keyboard works fine.
The power button in the upper right corner you can also use as a Windows Hello compatible fingerprint reader.
However, the bezel is neither large nor thin.
Huawei also seems to miss the addition of Thunderbolt 3 support via only two USB-C ports. Similarly, battery life isn’t the worst, but it’s limited to 6 hours.
The speaker equipment might have been better, but the Bluetooth connection eliminates the sound problem.
Overall, the Huawei Matebook X Pro Signature Edition is a highly competitive notebook that can provide programmers with ultra-fast performance recommendations.
5. Best multi-purpose laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad X1
- Outstanding Battery Life: Rated Up to 19.5 hours (MM14) and Up to 13.5 hours (MM18) by MobileMark 2014, an industry standard PC performance benchmark....
- With WiFi 6 AX201 802.11AX (2 x 2) Wireless, you get fast and reliable connections, even on networks with lots of devices attached. Rapid Charge...
- HD 720p webcam with ThinkShutter privacy cover, Fingerprint Reader, Backlit Spill resistant US English Keyboard, Bluetooth 5.0, Dolby Atmos Speaker...
- Ports: 2 x USB-C 3.2 (Gen 2) Intel Thunderbolt 3 (DisplayPort, Data transfer), 2 x USB 3.2 (Gen 1) (1 always on), HDMI 1.4, Network extension for...
Suppose you’re willing to pay a high price for a high-quality programming laptop.
In that case, the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 is an alternative to Extreme.
Its advanced features have 16GB of RAM and 512GB of internal SSD storage, so it can be called a Powerhouse.
You can upgrade ram further as it provides an empty slot for customizing your laptop for usage.
Furthermore, this laptop also has excellent battery life that you can use for 8 hours.
In addition to the specs, this laptop also features an impressive 14-inch display with a borderless closed design.
However, laptops support multiple monitors so that you can connect more monitors to your laptop. Not to mention the skinny design, it makes it more desirable.
It is the best configuration laptop for programmers who like to write code for API development.
APIs are built for specific platforms or features. Each API is designed with a platform/device/site/service coding language.
The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme is an excellent API development notebook.
Cheapest alternative: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon
The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon has all the requirements for a good laptop.
It features a stylish and lightweight design, an impressive display, a comfortable keyboard with 512GB SSD, 16GB RAM, and a great Intel UHD graphics card.
Also noteworthy is the long battery life of 11 hours and outstanding performance.
6. Best aesthetic laptop: Acer Aspire 5
- 10th Generation Intel Core i5-1035G1 Processor (Up to 3.6GHz)| 8GB DDR4 Memory | 256GB NVMe SSD
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS Display | Intel UHD Graphics
- Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11ax | Backlit Keyboard | Fingerprint Reader | HD Webcam | Up to 8 Hours Battery Life
- 1 - USB 3.1 (Type-C) Gen 1 port (up to 5 Gbps), 2 - USB 3.1 Gen 1 Port (one with Power-off Charging), 1 - USB 2.0 Port & 1 - HDMI Port with HDCP...
Whether programming or playing games, the Acer Aspire 5 is an affordable, high-performance laptop that can prevent almost anything from being thrown.
The laptop has a price tag of about $600.
It provides enough power to use for game development and graphics programming with the most advanced 10th generation Intel Core i5 quad-core processor.
It combines 8GB of RAM with dedicated Nvidia GeForce MX250 2GB DDR5 video memory. Did you say enough?
With 256GB SSD storage, it’s the perfect high-performance laptop for programming and gaming in this segment.
The Acer Aspire 5 also has a great keyboard with tactile-backlit keys and 9 hours of continuous battery backup.
I was surprised. Is not it? It also has an extra RAM slot and an empty disk compartment for future storage expansion.
This is a big plus when playing games on a laptop or using this machine for large-scale development.
All of these great features make the Acer Aspire 5 one of the cheapest laptops in 2021 for programming.
7. Best fastest laptop: Microsoft Surface Pro 6
- A best in class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet
- More power now with the new 8th Generation Intel Core processor
- Ultra slim and light, starting at just 1.7 pounds. Sensors : Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope
- All day battery life, with upto 13.5 hours of video playback
Launched as an ultra-lightweight and versatile computer, the Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is the winner of previous Surface models.
Due to the presence of tablets, laptops, and learning modes, the Surface Pro 6 has a black matte surface that looks like a sleeveless machine.
The black look and texture give the user a good grip on the 2-in-1 laptop, making it look like the fingerprints are off.
The frame is robust, but the thick border around the screen may not be lovely to some people. However, the Surface Pro 6 weighs only 1.7 pounds, which is a bargain for programmers.
The performance breakthrough for Surface Pro 6 comes from the Intel UltraHD 620 GPU integrated with the 1.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 8400T processor.
LPDDR3 8GB 1866 MHz RAM and 256GB SSD internal memory make multitasking very smooth.
You can switch between different applications in your browser without any delay.
The 12.3-inches PixelSense display on this laptop is convertible and competitive. The resolution of 2736 x 1824 pixels is vivid and realistic.
The SRGB color gamut is accurate and excellent.
This is what the iPad Pro usually expects. Programmers want to use this monitor because it is easy to operate and guarantees accuracy.
For keyboards, programmers can easily measure using the Surface Pro 6 keys. Still, travel keyboards or 1.3mm keyboards are suitable for ultra-thin casings.
If desired, the touchpad on this laptop will work.
The glass touch panel allows you to switch between applications quickly. However, it may rattle very much.
There are also additional combinations of surface pens, which require an additional charge to ensure adequate sensitivity.
In addition, there is an eraser on the back.
This helps artists draw and draw the apps available on the Surface Pro 6. Encoders can use it to create handwritten notes and edit documents.
The lifespan of this laptop may be one of the highlights. Surface Pro 6 can withstand up to 9 hours of high-brightness laptop use and continuous web browsing. This makes Surface Pro 6 the best choice for developers and gamers.
8. Best 15-inch Laptop – HP 15
- TAKE IT ANYWHERE – With its thin and light design, 6.5 millimeter micro-edge bezel display, and 82% screen to body ratio, you can take this PC...
- REVOLUTIONARY ENTERTAINMENT – Enjoy ultra-wide viewing angles and seamlessly perform multi-monitor set-ups with a 15.6-inch, Full HD, IPS,...
- IMPRESSIVE GRAPHICS – The Intel Iris Xe Graphics gives you a new level of performance with crisp, stunning visuals, plus the convenience of a thin...
- UNSTOPPABLE PERFORMANCE – Get things done fast with the 11th Generation Intel Core i5-1135G7 processor, which delivers instant responsiveness and...
The HP 15 is the top choice on the list of laptops with limited budgets. This laptop is the cheapest on the list and has no impact on performance.
It is equipped with the latest 11th generation Intel Core i5-1035G1 quad-core processor and has 8GB of RAM that supports all multitasking.
It doesn’t come with its own graphics, but Intel’s integrated UHD graphics are great for programming and handling casual games.
It features a beautiful 15.6-inch 1080p screen with a small bezel and anti-reflective coating on top.
It will also be bright and dark enough to encode from anywhere under any lighting conditions comfortably.
The only downside to this laptop is that it doesn’t have a backlit keyboard, though it’s easy to type, and also has a fall protection pad in case it matters.
With all the ports and slots you need on either side of your notebook, the HP15-dy1036nr laptop is a complete package for programmers.
9. Powerful, Light & Thin Laptop – Asus VivoBook S15
- 15.6 inch Full HD NanoEdge bezel display with stunning 86% screen-to-body ratio
- Latest 11th generation Intel Core i5-1135G7 Quad Core Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.70 GHz, with IPU)
- 8GB DDR4 RAM and 512GB PCIe SSD and Windows 10 Home
- Metal chassis and 16mm z-height
The ASUS VivoBook S15 is one of our favorite multifunctional notebooks, with powerful, high-performance hardware that we believe is suitable for programming and coding.
From manufacturing quality to performance, ASUS has done a great job of perfecting laptops in every way.
This laptop has a quad-core Intel i7 processor and 16GB RAM that can handle and store all multitasking capabilities.
It also has an ultra-fast 256GB SSD and a massive 1TB HDD.
ASUS VivoBook S15 also has a dedicated graphics processor in the form of Nvidia GeForce MX250 GPU.
This high-end professional laptop is very easy to run all programming software.
It can run most new games on this laptop with reasonable graphics settings. Besides, it’s a smart and ergonomic notebook.
Its intelligent dual-fan design can provide a powerful heat dissipation effect, so this notebook computer will always maintain average temperature during games and multitasking.
The ASUS VivoBook S15 features a 15-inch Full HD screen, an ergonomic backlit keyboard, and a long battery life that sets it apart from all other competitors in the same price range.
Therefore, It is one of the best laptops for programming and coding in 2021.
FAQ’s of Best Configuration Laptops for Programming
How Much RAM Does a Laptop Need to Program?
Programmers and developers typically meet their needs with an 8GB RAM laptop. This is enough for standard programming.
However, game developers who rely too much on high-quality graphics will need about 12GB of RAM. Large graphic designers and video editors require up to 16GB of RAM.
Which processor type is best for laptop programming?
The perfect laptop for programming on Intel Core i5 or i7 processors. They provide high performance. The more cores you have, the faster your notebook computer will be.
However, if you don’t want to choose an Intel processor, you can also find a laptop with a new AMD processor.
Is a 13-inch laptop suitable for programming?
If the developer’s personal preference is the right screen size, a 3-inch laptop is not ideal for programming.
However, when considering using a laptop for programming, screen quality is vital in addition to screen size. Therefore, a 13-inch laptop with a full HD screen and high resolution can meet your programming needs.
Why is a solid-state drive important for programming the internal storage of a notebook computer?
Developers should consider using SSDs when buying laptops. If you don’t have the budget, you can always buy a small SSD laptop and pair it with a large hard drive.
Also, you can follow hybrid SSHD drives for internal storage. These options improve operating system performance and provide easy access to programs, documents, and more on internal storage.
Do you need an expensive laptop for programming?
They are not required. High-end graphic designers and video editors need specific settings and increase the cost of laptops.
However, for standard programmers and encoders, midrange laptops can also provide the required programming specifications.
Which laptop is best for programming?
Apple MacBook Pro (2021) and Dell XPS15 (2021) laptops are the best for programming.
What laptop specs do I need for programming?
For programming required a laptop that meets the following minimum specifications:
Intel (or AMD equivalent) i5 or later, 7th generation or later (must support virtualization), Operating system Windows 10, Screen resolution is 1920×1080 or higher, SSD of 500GB or more, Minimum 8GB RAM (16GB RAM recommended), Webcam required, High-speed internet facility.
NB: Apple users must meet the same hardware requirements and be able to run the Windows operating system via Parallels, virtualization, or Boot Camp,
Best Configuration Laptops for Programming in 2021 – Reviews
Conclusion: Best Configuration Laptops for Programming
When it comes to programming, users need to immediately consider many factors such as CPU, GPU, RAM, storage, battery life, and performance quality.
The laptops above are the best configuration laptop for programming listed for users who want to buy laptops in different price ranges.
Not only do they provide significant overall performance, but these computer laptops are far behind their predecessors.
Create standards for programmers, developers, coders, gamers, and publishers.
You should review each product description above so that you can make informed decisions based on your programming laptop requirements and necessities.