Are you on a budget of $600 and looking for a good gaming laptop? We’ve scoured the market for the best gaming laptops in this price range. This is, however, an insufficient budget for a strong gaming laptop. However, there are certain choices that will allow you to play high-end games with medium visuals.
However, this does not imply that you will receive a full-fledged gaming laptop. If you want to spend a little more budget for better performance, we’ve previously reviewed the best gaming laptops under $800.
Because you’re on a budget, you’ll have to deal with some basic issues like a lack of a high refresh rate screen, speed bottlenecks, and just a few RGB Keyboard alternatives. On the other hand, there are several excellent gaming alternatives available for less than $600.
Furthermore, after evaluating user reviews, specifications, reviewer comments, and a variety of other factors, we attempted to compile a list of the best potential gaming laptops. So, without further ado, let’s get this party started!
9 Best Gaming Laptops Under $600 in December 2021 [ Recommended]
Table of Contents
- 9 Best Gaming Laptops Under $600 in December 2021 [ Recommended]
- 01. Best Versatile Gaming Laptop: Acer Flagship Swift 3
- 02. Best Fastest Gaming Laptop: HP Ryzen
- 03. Best Functional Gaming Laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3
- 04. Best Performative Gaming Laptop: ASUS VivoBook F512
- 05. Best Convenient Gaming Laptop: Dell Inspiron 15
- 06. Best All-Rounder Gaming Laptop: HP 15-inch Laptop
- 07. Best Multi-purpose Gaming Laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad 3
- 08. Best Aesthetic Gaming laptop: Dell Inspiron 15 5593
- 09. Best for HP Gaming: HP 14
- How to Choose the Best Gaming Laptop Under 600 Dollars Buying Guide
- FAQ’s on Best Gaming Laptops Under $600
- Best Gaming Laptops Under $600 Review – 2021
- Conclusion on Best Gaming Laptops Under $600
01. Best Versatile Gaming Laptop: Acer Flagship Swift 3
- 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD
- Equipped With The Powerful and Latest AMD Ryzen 5th Generation Processors, AMD Hexa-Core Ryzen 5 4500U (Beats i7-8550U), (2.3 GHz base frequency, up...
- 14 inch Full HD ( 1920 x 1080 ) IPS 1080p ComfyView Display I AMD Radeon Graphics Integrated
- 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI, 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C, 1 x Headphone/Microphone Combo
Acer is known for making inexpensive gaming laptops, and the Swift 3 from the same manufacturer is at the top of our list. This is a fantastic value-for-money laptop with adequate gaming capabilities at a modest cost.
The laptop is powered by the latest AMD Ryzen 5th Generation Processors, AMD Hexa-Core Ryzen 5 4500U (Beats i7-8550U) CPU, which is definitely not the most recent. However, it is capable of giving a satisfying gaming experience. The chipset features a quad-core CPU with a base clock speed of 2.3GHz and a burst mode clock speed of 4.0GHz.
It also includes an AMD Radeon Graphics card with video RAM. This GPU is a fantastic value for money with dedicated graphics RAM. Aside from that, there’s 8GB of DDR4 RAM and 256GB of SSD storage.
In the specified price range, the memory combination is adequate. If there is still a storage deficit, an extra vacant slot is provided for storage expansion. It also includes WiFi 6 compatibility for improved connectivity, as well as standard ports.
In addition, a backlit RGB keyboard elevates the gaming experience to new heights. It also comes with Alexa built-in. The display is a 14-inch Full HD panel with a resolution of 1920 x 1920p. It does, however, come with a standard 60Hz display that offers clear pictures with decent viewing angles.
However, a greater refresh rate is more likely to give a fluid gaming experience, something this gadget utterly lacks. Overall, for about 600 bucks, it is a highly recommended gaming laptop.
02. Best Fastest Gaming Laptop: HP Ryzen
- BIOS RECOVERY AND PROTECTION: Automatically checks the health of your PC, protects against unauthorized access, secures local storage and recovers...
- FAST BOOT UP WITH SSD: Boot up in seconds, transfer files without waiting hours, and enjoy a speedy experience with the internal solid-state drive
- POWER THROUGH YOUR DAY: Built to keep you productive and entertained through long hours at work, school or home
- ENVIRONMENTALLY CONSCIOUS: Low halogen, mercury-free display backlights, arsenic-free display glass in this ENERGY STAR(R) certified, EPEAT(R) Silver...
If you’re searching for a gaming laptop with AMD processors, the HP Pavilion Gaming 15 is the best option. It has the newest Ryzen 7 3700U processor, which provides excellent CPU performance.
This CPU has six cores and 12 threads, making it suitable for multi-threaded operations like video editing, machine learning, AutoCAD, Game Development, Photoshop, 3D rendering, and picture editing. If you’re into gaming and need a good gaming laptop, this will be the best choice.
The chipset, which is built on TSMC’s very power-efficient 7nm FinFET processing node, has a base clock speed of 2.3GHz and can overclock to 4GHz Max. Without a doubt, at this price range, this is the best gaming chip available.
It also includes AMD Radeon RX Vega 10 graphics with 4GB of dedicated VRAM. In terms of memory, the gadget has up to 8GB of DDR4 RAM running at 2400MHz and 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD storage.
The memory part of the laptop is unremarkable, since most other laptops follow the same pattern. The robust body design of the backlit keyboard is especially excellent. It also comes with a 15.6-inch Full HD display with a 60Hz refresh rate.
Battery backup up to 10 hours and 45 minutes, 0 to 50% charge in 45 minutes with HP Fast Charge. It has all of the required networking choices and weighs only 3.75 pounds, making it a lightweight gaming computer. At this pricing point, this laptop provides tremendous value to gamers.
03. Best Functional Gaming Laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3
- Fueled by the revolutionary AMD Ryzen 5000 H-Series mobile processor, this IdeaPad gaming laptop delivers the wins. With 6 ultra-responsive cores,...
- 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS display with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU to supercharge your favorite games. Slingshot your gaming visuals with 120Hz...
- 8GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM memory and 256GB M.2 PCIe SSD storage
- Connectivity: RJ45 Ethernet, 2x2 WiFi 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.0; 720p HD webcam and microphone array with privacy shutter; HDMI, USB-C
Lenovo is a well-known manufacturer of gaming laptops. In our list of the best gaming laptops under $600, we choose the Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3. It has a 15.6-inch Full HD display with a 120Hz refresh rate and 1920 x 1080p Full HD resolution.
In terms of the processor, it has an AMD Ryzen 5 5600H chipset. The new 5000 series takes use of improved capabilities, allowing AAA games to be played at medium to high settings. The main structure of this Six-Core chipset is based on a 7nm processing node, which is extremely power efficient.
Furthermore, the processor’s basic clock speed is 2.60GHz, up to 3.50GHz while running intensive apps. In addition, an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU with 4GB video RAM is put inside. Overall, there are no serious performance difficulties. It handles the majority of games flawlessly. Aside from that, this machine has 8GB DDR4 3200 MHz RAM and a standard 256GB M.2 PCIe SSD storage.
It follows the usual Lenovo design with a solid body structure in terms of build quality. The construction quality has not been compromised in any way. Additionally, there are extra slots for RAM and storage upgrades.
The thermal offering is certainly capable of detecting heat. As a result, it usually stays cooler while casual gaming. However, if you want to enforce serious gaming, you can run into some temperature issues. A backlit term is one of the highlights. It is not, however, multi-color RGB backlighting.
Still, it’s a worthwhile addition to the overall gaming experience. Aside from that, it has all of the required connectivity options, including ports. A high-definition webcam is located in the front for video conferencing and streaming. Finally, it provides excellent gaming settings for less than $600.
04. Best Performative Gaming Laptop: ASUS VivoBook F512
- 15.6 inch FHD 4 way NanoEdge bezel display with a stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio
- Powerful AMD Quad Core Ryzen 5 3500U Processor (2M Cache, up to 3.6 GHz)
- AMD Radeon Vega 8 discrete graphics with Windows 10 Home
- 8GB DDR4 RAM and 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
If you have a budget of at least $600, the Asus VivoBook is an excellent gaming option. I’m sure you won’t be very happy for spending the money. This is a fascinating gaming laptop with cutting-edge technology.
This gadget is powered by the AMD R5-3500U, Intel’s newest “U” series processor. With a turbo clock speed of 3.6GHz and a quad-core configuration, this is a highly capable gaming CPU.
There’s also an AMD Radeon Vega 8 discrete graphics card. This is a newer version of the Vega graphics that has the newest video memory. As a result, performance will improve. Aside from that, there’s 8GB DDR4 RAM and 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD storage.
The storage capacity is decent, but the second M.2 slot allows you to quickly expand it. The laptop has a 15.6-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080p.
In terms of design, I must state that this is an awe-inspiring design that is ideal for gaming. The body is made of solid material with thin bezels around the edges. It’s worth noting that thermal management is excellent, with just minor heating concerns even during intense games.
The fan noise has also been reduced. This appears to be the best gaming choice, costing roughly $600 if you add some more cash.
05. Best Convenient Gaming Laptop: Dell Inspiron 15
- 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-glare LED Backlight Non-Touch Narrow Border WVA Display
- Latest 11th Gen Intel Core i5-1135G7 (2.40 GHz base frequency, up to 4.2 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB Intel Smart Cache, 8 Threads);...
- 8 GB DDR4, 2666 MHz Memory, 256GB NVMe PCIe SSD, Intel Iris Xe Graphics with shared graphics memory
- 1 x SD Card Reader 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 1 x USB 2.0 1 x Wedge-shaped lock slot 1 x Power-adapter 1 x HDMI 1.4b 1 x RJ45 1 x Headset (headphone and...
Dell is a well-known laptop manufacturer with a global presence. If I didn’t recommend a Dell laptop as the best gaming laptop under $600, it would be unjust. The Dell Inspiron 15 is a great value in the indicated price range, with plenty of gaming features.
The laptop has a regular 15.6-inch Full HD display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080p and 30 fps speed. This is a stunning panel with crystal clear pictures.
The gadget requires Intel’s newest Core i5-1135G7 CPU, which is an 11th generation product. It’s a quad-core processor with eight threads and a 2.40GHz base clock speed. However, the Turbo boost technology allows it to be overclocked to 4.2GHz.
It also has an Intel Iris Xe Graphics with shared graphics memory. Without a doubt, this is the best GPU we can purchase for around $600.
It also shines in terms of memory, with 8GB DDR4 RAM included out of the box. To save essential data, there is a 256GB NVMe PCIe SSD . There has been a confirmation of storage expansion. As a result, you can add extra SSD storage.
Although the laptop has a non-backlit keyboard, it does not include RGB lighting effects. The battery life is about 7 hours, which is best. However, this is a frequent backup time with most gaming laptops. Overall, it’s a good value selection with a solid brand name.
06. Best All-Rounder Gaming Laptop: HP 15-inch Laptop
- Get a fresh perspective with Windows 11: From a rejuvenated Start menu, to new waysto connect to your favorite people, news, games, and...
- Micro-edge display: With virtually no bezel encircling the display, an ultra-wide viewingexperience provides for seamless multi-monitor set-ups.
- Screen to body ratio: Revolutionize your display and see more of what you love with thisslim bezel design. Enjoy an immersive multimedia experience...
- Sleek design: Easily take this thin and light PC from room to room or on the road
This is another choice if you are dissatisfied with HP’s AMD laptop. It is significantly less powerful than the AMD, but it is also less expensive. The Intel version of the HP Pavilion has a Core i5-9300H CPU, which is a 9th generation processor.
Intel Iris Xe Graphics GPU is paired with GDDR5 VRAM. This CPU and GPU combo delivers a balanced performance that’s ideal for AAA games.
There is a 15.6-inch Full HD display on the front with minimum side bezels. In terms of design, HP laptops are usually distinct from standard gaming laptops, and this machine is no exception. It’s a one-of-a-kind gaming laptop that a lot of people like.
It is useable in low-light circumstances because to the availability of a backlit keyboard. It does not, however, support RGB lighting, but it is a useful feature to enhance the gaming experience.
When it comes to memory, it has 8GB DDR4 RAM, which speeds up data processing. In this pricing range, the RAM option is standard. In addition, the laptop comes with 256GB SSD storage, which can be increased using the additional vacant slot.
As a result, if you need to store additional data, you may quickly increase storage. All of the necessary connection ports are present. Overall, it is a cost-effective alternative to the AMD version.
07. Best Multi-purpose Gaming Laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad 3
- 10th generation Intel Core i5-1035G1 processor. Dual-core, four-way intelligent processing performance. Intel Turbo Boost Technology delivers dynamic...
- 15.6-inch touchscreen for convenient control. Tap, tap, swipe and get the most out of Windows 10. HD TruBrite technology that expands color and...
- 12GB memory system for full power multitasking.
- 256GB Solid State Drive (PCI-e). Save files quickly and store more data. With large amounts of storage and advanced communication power, PCI-e SSDs...
The Lenovo IdeaPad 3 is another low-cost gaming laptop that costs less than $600. This is most likely the cheapest laptop on our list, with respectable hardware right out of the box.
The laptop is powered by a 10th generation Intel Core i5-1035G1 gaming CPU and an Intel UHD Graphics GPU. This is a typical CPU and GPU combo seen in most other laptops in this price range.
The design is built of plastic with a long-lasting body substance. It is, however, not exceptional, but rather a standard Lenovo style in the budget class. It is a heftier gaming machine, weighing roughly 7.1 ounces.
On the memory front, the gadget has 12GB DDR4 RAM, which allows it to handle data more quickly. There’s also 256GB PCI-e SSD storage for storing essential papers and gaming materials.
The computing machine has a 15.6-inch HD display on the front, making it an excellent gaming computer. It has a 60Hz panel, much as the previous laptops. So, don’t anticipate much in terms of gaming, at least not from the display.
There are all of the basic communication ports, as well as extra possibilities like as WiFi and Bluetooth. Overall, it’s a decent gaming computer at an affordable price.
08. Best Aesthetic Gaming laptop: Dell Inspiron 15 5593
- 10th Generation Intel Core i5-1035G1 (1 0 GHz up to 3 6 GHz 6 MB cache 4 cores) Processor + Intel UHD Graphics
- 8GB 8Gx1 DDR4 2666MHz RAM
- 256GB M 2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive
- 15 6-inch Full HD (1920x1080) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Non-touch Display Narrow Border
This is an excellent addition to the list. This is for you if you prefer to buy Dell laptops. The Dell Inspiron 15 comes with excellent internal components. That is why we chose this particular equipment. In terms of specifications, it has a 15.6-inch Full HD display on the front.
This edge-to-edge panel appears to be excellent for attractive aesthetics, however color accuracy is lacking. Color collaboration is not available on most budget laptops, and this is no exception.
The laptop is powered by the Intel Core i5-1035G1 processor, which is a quad-core processor with a 10nm architecture. This is a low-power chip having a base clock speed of 1GHz and a maximum speed of 3.6GHz.
This chip’s top objective is to provide a balanced performance while spending little power. In addition, Intel UHD Graphics G1 is included to handle graphics-intensive activities.
It can handle simple games successfully at low to high graphical settings. However, don’t expect top-tier AAA games that are nearly unplayable. The laptop also comes with 8GB DDR4 RAM and 256GB M 2 PCIe NVMe SSD storage.
There is definitely a scarcity of space when it comes to storing massive files. You may purchase an external drive to meet the increased storage need, which is a less expensive option. A backlit keyboard, a strong yet plastic design, Windows 10 OS, and an anti-glare display are among the other features.
09. Best for HP Gaming: HP 14
- Intel Core i5-1035G1 quad-core processor with up to 3.6GHz speed and 6MB cache memory
- Internal storage: 256 GB PCIe NVM M.2 SSD
- Display: 14.0-inch diagonal HD, BrightView, micro-edge
- 8GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM seamlessly handles multiple programs together with its higher bandwidth, everything from multitasking to playing games gets a...
Another gaming laptop under 600 bucks is the HP 14. It comes with some nice hardware as well as HP’s excellent brand value. It comes with a 14-inch Full HD display with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, which is standard for laptops in this price category.
This laptop’s main feature is its CPU, which makes it a good budget gaming laptop. It has an Intel Core i5-1035G1 CPU chipset with a clock speed of 3.6GHz, making it a respectable processor for basic gaming.
Furthermore, the gaming experience is enhanced by an integrated Intel UHD graphics card. The offered GPU outperforms typical graphics in various ways, making it a good choice for casual gaming.
Although it lacks a dedicated GPU, the CPU is quite powerful. As a result, this gadget is capable of decent gaming. In addition, the laptop has 8GB DDR4 RAM and 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD storage. This is the same RAM size as the majority of other laptops in this price range.
The laptop runs Windows 10 Home, allowing it to make use of Windows’ sophisticated capabilities. WiFi 6 compatibility, a sturdy design, good battery life, and a built-in camera are further noteworthy features.
After weighing the benefits and drawbacks, this is a nice gaming option for around $600, but just for light gaming.
How to Choose the Best Gaming Laptop Under 600 Dollars Buying Guide
If you’re looking for a gaming laptop around $600, you should examine the following factors:
A laptop’s CPU is the most important component. It’s much more vital when you’re doing physically demanding jobs like gaming. As a result, every gaming laptop must have a strong CPU. The Intel Core i5 or AMD Ryzen 5 chipsets are both available for $600.
At the very least, a 9th generation i5 or AMD Ryzen 3000 series processor is recommended. The good news is that all of the laptops we’ve mentioned meet these criteria. As a result, you don’t have to be concerned. In terms of CPU, you can select from any of the laptops listed.
Computer Graphics Card
The graphics processing unit (GPU), sometimes known as the graphics card, is an important factor to consider when purchasing a gaming laptop. Gaming, as you may be aware, is a graphics-intensive activity. As a result, a gaming laptop’s GPU is mostly used to handle gaming data. The majority of gaming laptops include a dedicated GPU, and our list is no exception.
According to our recommendations, the GTX 1650 graphics card should be used to meet the minimum gaming requirements. However, the GTX 1650 Ti is an improved version that is somewhat more powerful than the original version. So, if you want better gaming performance, you should absolutely get the newest version.
Storage & RAM
The Random Access Memory, or RAM, is also crucial in the processing of gaming data. As a result, having the appropriate quantity of RAM is critical for seamless performance. Most gaming laptops under 600 dollars come with 8GB of RAM, which should be enough. However, if an extension slot is available, you should use it to increase the memory to at least 16GB.
Unfortunately, due to a limited budget, we don’t have many possibilities with extra RAM. Aside from RAM, there’s also storage to think about. It aids in the storage of vital data as well as gaming files. Under this price range, at least 256GB of SSD storage is suggested. However, greater storage is always preferable. This is the smallest number of options you should consider.
FAQ’s on Best Gaming Laptops Under $600
Why is it vital to have a dedicated graphics card for gaming?
A dedicated graphics card adds more Video RAM to the system, which aids graphics processing and increases gaming performance. In addition, a specialized GPU decreases the need for conventional memory in order to analyze data more quickly.
What are the best gaming laptops under $600 that include a dedicated GPU?
The Acer Nitro 5, HP Pavilion, Dell G3, Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3, and Asus TUF are among the best gaming laptops under $600 that have a dedicated graphics processing unit (GPU)
Which gaming laptop is the best value for money under 600 dollars?
Acer Nitro 5 is the best Gaming laptop under $600.
Best Gaming Laptops Under $600 Review – 2021
Conclusion on Best Gaming Laptops Under $600
After reading the entire article, you may have already determined which gaming laptop is best for you for under 600 dollars. To be honest, the term “best” is very subjective, and its meaning shifts from person to person. For various people, different alternatives are available.
However, if you want my opinion, I believe the ACER Flagship Swift is a full package. It boasts a strong processor, a good gaming GPU, an RGB keyboard, and excellent build quality. Under this price range, I consider it a true value-for-money item. That is why it is at the top of the list. This isn’t to say that other laptops aren’t worthwhile. Each laptop has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Apparently, you must make your own selection that satisfies your needs.
HP Ryzen, Dell Inspiron 15, and Lenovo Ideapad 3 are all viable possibilities. If you can slightly boost your budget, I’d like to give ACER Flagship Swift gaming a particular mention. This is a robust gaming computer with a well-built chassis. Aside than that, feel free to leave a comment if you have any other recommendations for an excellent gaming laptop around $600.