Fashion design is not an easy profession, and if you’re looking for the best laptops for fashion designing. You will need something that is sleek, colorful, and high-quality for storing styles, articles, design, and pictures; a laptop with a lot of RAM and a fast processor that can do the task effectively.
Style and design are important, and you must have many of them on your laptop because they are essential in the fashion industry and are features that you should prioritize in your purchase.
Fashion designers require a powerful and portable laptop with long battery life to run apps like Photoshop and Adobe Premiere while also working on the go.
Designer laptops are not cheap, as they combine powerful specifications with appealing looks in a thin and portable frame. Let’s take a look at some of the best fashion designer laptops, and make sure you read our buying guide with all the essential things below to understand what to look for when purchasing a laptop.
We assessed a few cheap $400 laptops with it, and none of them worked properly, and a few could not even run the fashion design software. As a result, we set an Intel i5 with a clock rate of 2.0GHz as the minimum CPU requirement in our recommended specifications. This list includes the best models, as the title suggests.
Key Features to Look For
Talented designers are always adamant about not allowing hardware limitations to influence their work and although, getting the best and powerful laptop with great features is what any designer in the fashion industry desired to make their designing job easier while still retaining the professional look. Before going ahead to get the laptop, please consider the following specification before proceeding with your action.
Display size –
Having the largest display size is the best required, but it will reduce the laptop’s compactness and make it more difficult to maneuver around. Also, it would be ideal if you could strike a delicate balance between the size of the display and the hardware components required to run your applications.
A graphics card –
This is an integral component in any laptop designed for fashion designers or content creators, and when using software programs like Adobe Suite, CoralDraw, or other drawing apps, they cannot run on the laptop’s standard processing power, which is why a built-in or separate graphics card is needed for effective and efficient operation.
Number of ports –
As a fashion designer, you might be expected to use external components such as a drawing board, an external hard drive, a touch display, and so on. Since it is inconvenient to use many extension adapters, the number of ports on your laptop should be adequate to help your efficiency.
Stylish finish –
While a beautiful laptop is not as necessary as other factors, a fashion designer needs motivation, and a plain black laptop may not inspire you to be more creative. So, choose a colorful, elegant, and trendy laptop that will motivate you to complete more work. Get a laptop that can be used to improve and energize your creative mind when working.
Color accuracy –
The display should be capable of accurate colors so that the designs you make would look natural and are not skewed towards a specific color palette. Otherwise, it would seem strange on other screens.
Top 9 Best Laptops For Fashion Designers in July 2021 [Recommended]
Table of Contents
- Top 9 Best Laptops For Fashion Designers in July 2021 [Recommended]
- 1. Best versatile laptop: HP Spectre x360 GEM
- 2. Best performative laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad E15
- 3. Best functional laptop: Hp 15
- 4. Best fastest laptop: ASUS ZenBook FLIP
- 5. Best secured laptop: Apple MacBook Pro
- 6. Best all-rounder laptop: Acer Aspire 5
- 7. Best gorgeous laptop: Microsoft surface pro
- 8. Best Value for Money: Acer Predator Helios
- 9. Best 2in1 laptop: Acer Spin 3
- FAQ’s of Best Laptops For Fashion Designers in 2021
- Best Laptops For Fashion Designers in 2021 – Review
- Verdict: Best Laptops For Fashion Designers in 2021
1. Best versatile laptop: HP Spectre x360 GEM
- Newly Launched HP Spectre x360 13T Cutting Edge GEM CUT Design - 10TH GENERATION QUAD CORE CPU: Intel Core i7-1065G7 (1.3 GHz, up to 3.9 GHz, 8 MB...
- UNMATCHED AUDIO PERFORMANCE with QUAD Bang & Olufsen speakers: The partnership between Bang & Olufsen and HP brings premium sound to your personal...
- SUPERIOR SPEED and NETWORKING: Fast Data Access with 512 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX 201 (2x2) and Bluetooth 5 Combo. Security management...
- IMPRESSIVE HD PANEL with HD Active Stylus Pen and Thunderbolt Support: Experience exceptional colors and clarity with 13.3" Full HD touch screen...
If you need a portable laptop, the HP Spectre x360 GEM should be your first choice. This is a very eye-catching model and the best laptop for any fashion designer because it comes in a variety of colors, and aside from its elegant design, it’s known as the industry’s smallest 13-inch laptop.
This laptop’s display will not disappoint you, as it offers an ultra Full HD resolution with an infinity edge touch screen, which makes it an excellent choice for those who enjoy sketching because it allows the fashion designer to focus on the minor details, and if you want to do heavy editing on the project, this is the best laptop for you.
The HP Spectre x360 GEM is equipped with an advanced processor powered by the 10th generation Intel quad-core i7, which contributes to a maximum speed of up to 3.90 GHz. This laptop is extremely useful for you when you are dealing with overload tasks or creating complex designs.
These laptops also include 16 GB of RAM and a long-lasting battery that can last up to 10 hours. The HP Spectre x360 GEM has a weight of 2.80 pounds, which makes it extremely portable. This Dell laptop is a work of art and an excellent option for designers to get.
2. Best performative laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad E15
- Processor: Intel Quad Core i7-1165G7 (2.8GHz - 4.7GHz, 12MB Cache)
- Features: 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe, Fingerprint Reader, Backlit; Graphics: Intel Iris Xe
- Display: 15.6" FHD (1920x1080) IPS; OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit
- Warranty: 1 Year Lenovo Warranty \ 1 Year Oemgenuine Limited Warranty
If you are a fashion designer searching for the best portable laptop, the Lenovo ThinkPad should always be your first choice. This laptop is extremely useful for perfecting your sketching and creative skills and when it comes to using various types of applications or design techniques.
This high-quality laptop will not fail you due to its high-quality resolution with the highest viewing angles of a 13-inch touchscreen display with backlit.
The screen also has an eye-protective feature that prevents your eye from straining with the help of the blue light display, so if you work for long hours, your eyes will not be stressed, and this is the reason many people prefer to purchase this fantastic laptop.
This incredible Lenovo laptop comes with an Intel Core i7 CPU with a clock speed of 1.9GHz, and Intel UHD graphics, which allows it to run seamlessly while using powerful applications or design tools, and that is why the laptop is perfect for using applications such as Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
3. Best functional laptop: Hp 15
- 【Upgraded】RAM is upgraded to 16GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once. Hard Drive is upgraded to...
- 【Processor】11th Gen Intel Core i5-1135G7 Quad-Core Processor (8MB Intel Smart Cache, up to 4.20GHz)
- 【Display】15.6" diagonal HD, touch, micro-edge, BrightView, 250 nits. Touchscreen
- 【Ports and Operating System】1 x SuperSpeed USB Type-C 5Gbps signaling rate, 2 x SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate, 1 x HDMI 1.4b, 1 x...
The new 2021 Hp 15 touchscreen laptop is one of the best laptops for the designer working in the fashion industry, and it is powered by a fast 10th generation quad-core core i5 processor with a base frequency of 1.0 GHz that can be increased up to 3.6 GHz for increased performance.
The diagonal HD micro-edge W-LED backlit display on the HP laptop includes a touchscreen option, and it includes a respectable GPU and a powerful processor with a built-in graphic card program.
When it comes to the display this laptop has a full HD 15.6-inch IPS panel with an anti-glare effect for better performance. Also, it has 16 GB of RAM and 512 GB of SSD bandwidth.
The operating system is pre-installed and reviewed for upgrades, and it runs Windows 10 OS Home 64-bit version and does not have an optical or DVD drive. Other networking options available include an HDMI port and one type-c USB 3 port for fast data transfers.
4. Best fastest laptop: ASUS ZenBook FLIP
- 13.3” OLED 4K UHD Touch Screen 400 nits HDR display with ultra-slim 4-sided NanoEdge bezels
- Luxurious Jade Black finish enhanced with subtle Red Copper diamond-cut edges
- 360° ErgoLift hinge with backlit keyboard
- Latest 11th generation Intel Core i7-1165G7 Quad Core Processor (12M Cache, up to 4.70 GHz, with IPU)
The Asus Zenbook is another great laptop for fashion designers. It comes with top-quality graphics and a 13.3-inch widescreen display, which allows you to see your work in the best light possible. And this is one of the reasons the majority of fashion designers use this incredible laptop for their work.
It has many high-quality features and an ideal display with sleek designs. Also, it has full HD display features and a pixel screen with a screen-to-body ratio of 95 percent, which allows you to work for long periods without getting tired.
Another fantastic feature of the ZenBook is its 360° rotation that enables the user to convert the laptop into a tablet whenever necessary.
This laptop has a very sleek design and weighs only 2.6 lbs, and it is the best travel laptop due to its durability and portability that make it easy for you to travel with it anytime.
ASUS ZenBook has a superfast quad-core processor i7 by Intel that can reach speeds of up to 4.5 GHz and large storage of 512 GB SSD.
It is very fast and efficient when it comes to performance, and with the help of this processor, the user will be able to do their work without stress, whether it is fabric designs, complex designs, editing, or sketching. You will not have to worry about anything because it comes with lots of storage.
5. Best secured laptop: Apple MacBook Pro
- Quad-core 8th-Generation Intel Core i5 Processor
- Brilliant Retina Display with True Tone technology
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645
If you want a laptop that has a very sleek and modern design, the Apple MacBook Pro should always be your first choice. The Apple MacBook Pro is a fashion icon among most fashion designers who value appearance and a high-quality processor that will allow them to do their work with less stress.
It has a classic Crystal sharp, dramatic, silver retina display with True Tone technological, and this beautiful laptop is eye-catching. It provides a complete HD resolution and includes a 13.3-inch LED-backlit IPS display, which attracts most fashion designers and content creators to enable them to design and create styles.
The Apple MacBook Pro has an efficient Touch Bar with a touch ID that reduces the hassle of searching for documents or apps, and one of the most important reasons to purchase the Apple MacBook Pro is its powerful processor. The Apple MacBook is equipped with an 8th generation Intel Core i5 quad-core processor clocked at 1.4 GHz and capable of reaching 3.9 GHz.
The Apple MacBook Pro offers sufficient storage for its users and allows users to store their data easily, and 8 GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD for ultra-fast processing speed.
This laptop has many connectivity ports, which include three USB display ports, a thunderbolt USB 3.1 port, and so on. As a result, the Apple MacBook Pro is a great and useful laptop for fashion designers.
6. Best all-rounder laptop: Acer Aspire 5
- 10th Generation Intel Core i5-1035G1 Processor (Up to 3.6GHz)| 8GB DDR4 Memory | 512GB NVMe SSD
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS Display | NVIDIA GeForce MX350 with 2 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11ax | Backlit Keyboard | HD Webcam | Up to 8 Hours Battery Life
- 1 - USB 3.1 (Type-C) Gen 1 port (up to 5 Gbps), 2 - USB 3.1 Gen 1 Port (one with Power-off Charging), 1 - USB 2.0 Port & 1 - HDMI Port with HDCP...
As a fashion designer on a tight budget, you can consider the new and more efficient Acer Aspire 5. Despite being an under-$700 laptop, the Aspire 5 is a highly capable machine, better known for its graphics-centric processing consortium and several productivity-focused features.
And when it comes to performance, Acer opts for the Intel Core i5-1035G1 CPU, which allows the unrestricted use of Adobe CC applications and 3D modeling resources. The quad-core, the graphics-optimized chipset has a turbo clock speed of up to 3.9GHz, which is sufficient for a variety of designs, animations, typography, logos, and many more.
The entry-level GeForce MX350 graphics card provides support for the mobile SoC, and it is approximately 20% faster than the MX250 GPU. It can manage multiple GPU-accelerated processes when it’s launched by Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and other applications. The 2GB VRAM, when combined with the GPU, is capable of handling texture-intensive designs and varieties of entry-level games.
The 8GB DDR4 RAM helps a lot in graphic design performance. The ultrafast chunk of the RAM empowers the mid-range CPU and allows it to process more complex designs at a faster rate. Files, designs, datasets, and applications are stored in the 512GB SSD unit. The solid-state drive is capable of booting up the Windows 10 operating system in a flash with a stunning visual interface.
Acer has a 15.6-inch screen, which is a significant creative resource thanks to Color Intelligence technology. Also, the 1080p screen has slimmer bezels, thanks to IPS technology, which allows for clearer viewing angles. The inclusion of BlueLightShield technology has class-leading anti-glare features, which outperform the color-accurate screen.
In terms of device features and functions, the Acer Aspire 5 has a nice backlit keyboard to help creators create content with ease. Furthermore, the TrueHarmony stereo speakers contribute to the acoustic output, and from a professional standpoint, this sleek 3.97-pound device includes an HD webcam, voice-purified sound systems, and a wide range of connectivity specifications.
Furthermore, it comes with a Type-C port, USB 3.1 Gen 1 slot with power-off charging support, Ethernet slot with Gig speeds, Bluetooth 5.0 standard, HDMI port for pairing external devices, and support for Intel-powered Wi-Fi 6 connectivity are all included by Acer. In terms of battery life, Acer manages to get close to 8 hours out of the device before the need to charge the laptop again.
Taking into account all of the aforementioned specifications, the Aspire 5 is one of the most capable laptops for a mid-level fashion designing professional, especially given the graphics-optimized, and the low-power processor in use.
7. Best gorgeous laptop: Microsoft surface pro
- A best in class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet
- More power now with the new 8th Generation Intel Core processor
- Ultra slim and light, starting at just 1.7 pounds. Sensors : Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope
- All day battery life, with upto 13.5 hours of video playback
The Microsoft Surface Pro is a versatile laptop that allows you to complete your tasks in the most productive manner possible. This convertible notebook is a plus for you because it enables you to work comfortably; it is powered by an 8th generation Intel Core i5 processor clocked at 1.3 GHz. It has 8 GB of RAM and a hard disk storage space of 128GBSSD.
Surface Pro laptop comes with a powerful graphics card that allows you to do your fashion design job to the best of your ability with the laptop and it is very lightweight, rugged, and has a high level of productivity.
If you are a designer in the making, this laptop will be a great tool for you because it allows you to work in four different moods based on your preferences. You may use this as a tablet, a laptop, or in your hands as a smartphone.
It has the best viewing angles and a full HD camera on a 12.3-inch screen. It is transparent enough to enable you to see all of your small and large job data.
This Surface laptop has a long-lasting battery that can last you for a day.
8. Best Value for Money: Acer Predator Helios
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H 6-Core Processor (Upto 4. 5 gramHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Graphics with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 15. 6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 3ms Overdrive Response Time, 300nit Brightness & 72% NTSC)
- 16 GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory, 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD (2 x PCIe M. 2 Slots | 1 Slot Open for Easy Upgrades) & 1 - Available Hard Drive Bay
When it comes to the laptop with the highest quality for fashion design, the Acer Predator Helios 300 should be your first pick, and if you are on a tight budget, Acer has created the most unique and high-quality laptop for multitasking and particularly for artistic design and sketching, and it is very affordable.
This awesome laptop is one of the most reasonably priced laptops available today, and when shopping for a high-quality laptop, it can be hard to find one that suits your budget exactly. As a result, if you need a laptop with both consistency and affordability, the Acer Predator Helios should be your first choice to consider purchasing.
It has an Intel Core i7 CPU that makes it the perfect laptop for high-tech tasks and an HD display of 15.6-inch, which makes it easy for the users to complete their tasks without difficulty.
The Acer Predator Helios has a large storage capacity of up to 256 GB, which allows you to store an infinite amount of data and large files. The 16 GB RAM allows the device to run more smoothly, and if you have to work for long hours, the Acer Predator Helios is the right choice for you.
Aside from that, this great laptop has a 7-hour battery life. Though the battery life is not the longest, it is adequate to help you perform your job excellently. This laptop is primarily built for artists and people in technical fields, such as computer gamers.
9. Best 2in1 laptop: Acer Spin 3
- 10th Generation Intel Core i5-1035G4 Processor (Up to 3 7GHz) | 8GB LPDDR4 Memory | 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 14" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS Multi-Touch Display | Intel Iris Plus Graphics
- Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802 11ax | Backlit Keyboard | Fingerprint Reader | Up to 12 Hours Battery Life
- 1 - USB 3 1 Type C port (up to 10 Gbps) DisplayPort over USB-C Thunderbolt 3 USB Charging DC-in 2 - USB 3 2 Gen 1 ports (one featuring power-off...
This is laptop is a dependable and convertible laptop for fashion designers and since designers must work on events, Acer Spin 3 convertible feature will allow you to do what your clients need while attending fashion events. It is lightweight enough for you to carry around anywhere.
The Spin 3 has a 14-inch IPS touchscreen, a 2-in-1 convertible mode, Multi-Touch support, and an active stylus, making it an excellent option for designers. When it comes to the processing speed, the Intel 10th generation Core i5 Processor clocked a speed of up to 3.7 GHz is excellent. The DDR 4 RAM has 8GB of memory and 512 GB of NVMe SSD storage.
Compact AC adapters come with a variety of connectors and ports. The Thunderbolt 3 port for the quickest data transfer, an HDMI video output, and a USB 3.2 Type-A port provide designers with more networking options.
The MicroSD card slot will help your photographers share photographs that are more relevant to fashion designers. The speaker has an average sound quality but does not have a bass.
So overall Acer Spin 3 is a better laptop.
FAQ’s of Best Laptops For Fashion Designers in 2021
How essential is the display on a designer’s laptop?
The display is the main piece of equipment where you can see all of your designs. Check to see if it has a blue tint or any other color problems. Displays with Adobe RGB certification or sRGB color accuracy are usually the best choices for fashion designers.
Is it possible for me to get a laptop with a touchscreen?
There are dedicated brands that produce touchscreen boards that come with a stylus for professionals who need a drawing board. They are conveniently connected to your laptop’s USB port. A touchscreen laptop does not have the best hardware components unless you purchase an expensive model, but purchasing them separately is more cost-effective.
What is the perfect overall laptop for fashion designers?
The Apple MacBook Pro is an excellent overall choice due to its processor speed. The laptops build quality and unique software programs that are available for ios and Macintosh computers only. Though it is costly and most laptops designed for professionals would be in a similar price range due to the internal components and features.
Can you recommend a minimum resolution for me?
In this digital age, where 4K and 8K are trending, a Full HD of 192 x 1080 resolutions is strongly recommended for you. Any laptop display resolution lower than 1080p is not advisable for a designer to purchase since you will be providing high-quality content for your clients or your learning process.
Is the capacity of portable laptops sufficient?
Among so many other branded laptops, the Microsoft Surface Pro and Lenovo Ideapad seem to be the most common choices. They are hybrid models in which all the keyboards can be attached or detach to allow you to use the touchscreen anywhere you go. They are strong and worth the price, but for maximum productivity, you should consider connecting them with a desktop computer.
Best Laptops For Fashion Designers in 2021 – Review
Verdict: Best Laptops For Fashion Designers in 2021
According to experts, fashion designing is not a difficult task, and it is a profession that can be pursued professionally, as far there is a great laptop with a powerful processor to make the task fast and work function well.
However, depending on your interests, your pocket, and additional skill sets, you can always get the best notebook that will be effective to do your entire task efficiently by carefully analyzing the mentioned devices above.
• The DELL XPS 13 is the best choice to consider if you want an all-around notebook that can also serve as a casual gaming machine.
• If you believe the 16GB RAM would be insufficient for your multitasking needs, the Lenovo ThinkPad E15 is a better option.
• If you’re still looking for good gaming results without going overboard with the GPU, the Hp 15 Thin is a good option.
• If screen size isn’t a problem, Microsoft surface pro 6 is one of the more attractive devices for talented graphic & fashion designers.
• If you’re searching for the best computer for working remotely, you should consider getting the Acer Predator Helios.
Our goal with this article is to ensure that you have the best fashion designing experience possible. Which device are you considering buying?
Please feel free to contact us if you think another computer should be added to this list; our editorial team moderates and updates the guides regularly.