If you are in a hurry, You can pick our expert’s best choice the latest HP Pavilion x360.
We have researched many laptops before getting the best laptops for your Cricut Explore Air, Air2.
Both Cricut Explore and Cricut Maker can be used and run easily on these specified laptops. These laptops can run design space software that is provided by Cricut to print, design, or update your computer’s firmware.
The main goal of this article is to set you up on everything you need to know before choosing a laptop for your Cricut Explore Air, Air2 in 2023. The Cricut One, Air, or Air 2 machine is also a Cricut model and is compatible with the same software, so don’t confuse it.
To find the best ones on the market, We’ve spent countless hours researching a wide variety of laptops.
We’ve narrowed the list down to 9 laptops we believe are the best you can find.
Read on to find out all about them.
Top 9 Best Laptops For Cricut Explore Air, Air 2 in 2023 [Recommended]
Our Experts have categorized, reviewed, and compared 9 well-known best laptops after researching 27 different laptops to make sure you have enough choices to meet your creative needs for Cricut Explore Air, Air 2.
1. Best Fastest Laptop: HP Pavilion 15
- POWER, PERFORMANCE, and SECURITY – Get work done on the go and experience mind-blowing entertainment with an Intel Core processor, stunning...
- FHD plus DISPLAY – View all your photos, movies, and games in vibrant, crystal-clear images with 178-degree wide viewing angles on a 15.6-inch...
- INTEL CORE PROCESSOR – 12th Generation Intel Core processor distributes performance where you need it most for superior multi-tasking–increasing...
- STUNNING GRAPHICS – From creating, gaming, to entertainment, Intel Iris Xe graphics delivers amazing performance and crisp, stunning visuals for all...
If you work outdoors often and are looking for a powerful and portable laptop for Cricut Air? HP Pavilion 15 is the best choice.
This compact laptop features a 15.6-inch Full HD display with a NanoEdge bezel for superior image quality.
Aesthetically speaking, this HP Pavilion 15 is made of aluminum and has a stylish and professional design. It is a very durable machine with excellent portability.
HP Pavilion 15 has the latest 12th Gen Intel Core i7-1255U processor, new 16 GB DDR4 RAM, and 512 GB ultra-fast NVMe M.2 SSD PCIe SSD in the performance division. Whether you’re using multiple tabs or the software for Cricut Air, this friend will not let you down.
With Intel Iris Xe graphics, you can create, game, and entertain with impressive performance. Experience a new level of graphics performance and crisp, stunning graphics in a thin, lightweight laptop
With a 180-degree wide-viewing angle and Full HD IPS display, you can enjoy vibrant, crystal-clear images.
Due to its slim design, this laptop also has no LAN port. But don’t worry, it has two USB Type-A ports and a USB Type-C and HDMI port.
The only problem with such thin and light laptops is that you can’t upgrade their configurations. Therefore, you need to think about it before making a decision.
However, when using Cricut machines and design space software, these are good specifications and rarely need to go beyond these ranges.
This laptop battery backup up is up to 8 hours, enough for Cricut. With HP Fast Charge, you can go from 0 to 50% in approximately 45 minutes.
Overall, the HP Pavilion 15 Cricut is one of the best laptops for the Xplore Air, Air 2, with stable performance and the most portable design.
- 12th gen latest powerful processor
- Ultrafast DDR4 RAM
- Long-lasting battery life
- It has an extreme connectivity feature.
- Its dual-fan feature keeps it cool.
- Admirable audio and display
- Best iris graphics for the best design
- Latest Windows 11 installed.
- Little expensive
2. Best Versatile laptop: Dell Inspiron 15
- 【High-Speed RAM And Enormous Space】32GB DDR4 high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once; 1TB PCIe NVMe...
- 【Processor】Intel Core i7-1255U Processor (10 Cores, 12 Threads, 12MB Cache, 1.20 GHz base frequency, up to 4.70 GHz max turbo frequency), Intel...
- 【Display】15.6'' Touchscreen Anti-Glare LED Backlit WVA FHD (1920 x 1080) Display
- 【Tech Specs】1 x USB 2.0 Type-A, 2 x SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate, 1 x HDMI, 1 x headphone/microphone combo; SD card reader; Webcam...
If you’re looking for a laptop that’s better suited for Cricut Explore Air and Air 2 and other purposes. In that case, the Dell Inspiron 15 is an easy choice. For those who work from home, this laptop is the best.
This laptop is perfect for the Cricut Explore Air. It contains all the features and requirements you need for the Cricut Explore-related software design space.
The screen size of this Dell Inspiron 15 laptop is 15.6 inches with a resolution of 1920x1080px LED display. It has the latest powerful 12th Gen Intel Core i7-1255U with the latest 32GB LPDDR4 RAM. It’s very fast.
The core of this type of CPU can contain a multi-compute thread. With a high-speed processor, you can easily save time and investment and make your work awesome.
With a speedy processor, you can easily save time and investment and make your work more awesome.
The best thing about this Dell Inspiron 15 laptop is that it has a 10-Core processor. In other words, it has four processors.
This feature is well suited to the requirements of Cricut Explore Air 2. It has a speed of up to 4.70 GHz; and wireless communication technologies that include Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
Dell Inspiron 15 laptop has long battery life, an HD 720p crisp webcam, Fingerprint Reader. It has a Backlit Spill-resistant US English Keyboard with excellent build quality.
Due to its perfect pixels, the image quality is apparent and perfect. You can beautify your artwork by pairing your Cricut Xplore Air or Air2 with your Dell Inspiron 15 laptop.
All editing software and applications are easy to run with 32GB of RAM with a 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive fast SSD allows you to save your data.
The operating system is Windows 11 Home and the size is 9.23 x 14.02 x 0.7 inches The memory drive interface on this laptop is a PCIe NVMe solid-state drive.
HDMI port allows you to connect with the outer screen.
This laptop’s touchpad is very sensitive. Its surface is so smooth that your fingers won’t rub. The buttons on the keyboard are very quiet and the space on the screen is large. You can enter text quickly. The laptop includes one powerful lithium polymer battery.
- Inexpensive, with plenty of configuration options
- Excellent typing and navigating experience
- Great big widescreen to work on
- Simple, straightforward design
- Surprisingly decent audio output
- Fantastic battery life
- IPS display with decent contrast
- HDMI and Ethernet ports included
- 5.65-inch interactive touchscreen trackpad
- Glossy plastic chassis
3. Best Performative Laptop: HP Pavilion x360
- [Memory & Storage]: 8GB RAM | 512GB PCIe SSD. HP Pavilion x360 2 in 1 laptop, allows 4 positions. Laptop mode for everyday computing, Tent mode for...
- [Processor]: Powerful Intel Core i5-1235U processor, 10 cores, 12 thread. 3.3 GHz base frequency, up to 4.40 GHz. 12MB L3 cache. Smoothly run your...
- [Graphics]: 14'' Edge-to-edge Touchscreen Full HD IPS (1920x1080) Display boasts impressive color and clarity that’s easy on your eye. Intel Iris Xe...
- [Features]: Backlit keyboard lights up late lights. Wi-Fi 6 (3x faster than Wi-Fi 5) + Bluetooth 5.0 supports Gigabit speed and smooth video...
The HP Pavilion x360 convertible laptop has a high-speed processor and plenty of RAM to work with a Cricut Air or Air 2 machine.
A perfect screen resolution and power that is suitable for Cricut Design Space. Besides, it is much more affordable than the other laptops listed below.
So, if you’re looking for an affordable and reliable laptop to use on your Cricut machines (Explore Air, Air2, etc.), then this convertible HP Pavilion 2in1 laptop is best for you!
This HP Pavilion x360 laptop is an excellent choice for students, professionals, and occasionally entertainers. It’s more than powerful enough for everything.
It features a 14-inch HD Full HD backlit touchscreen display. This is a compact, ergonomically designed silver laptop.
It has Up to 4.40 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology) 12th Generation Intel Core i5-1235U, 10-core processor with the latest 8GB DDR4 RAM (DDR4 is faster than DDR3) and a 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 fast SSD drive that improves efficiency and makes performance smoother and faster.
The laptop is equipped with a high-resolution webcam and excellent microphones for better video calls.
Nice integrated speakers provide a great audio experience with SD card readers that allow you to transfer files between devices on your laptop quickly.
There is also a headphone/microphone jack combination with built-in high-quality speakers.
This laptop also has the best Windows 11 Home operating system, you can upgrade to Windows 11 Free. It is also suitable for playing and streaming games on Twitch’s platforms using Elgato Game Capture.
This laptop also has a nice Backlit Keyboard so you work in a dark room and a digital media player setup. It can last up to 10 hours of battery life to do anything you want.
Other features include dual-band wireless Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for improved connectivity.
The laptop has 1 USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C port, 2 USB 3.2 ports, and 1 HDMI port that allows you to connect almost any type of device.
Overall, this HP Pavilion x360 laptop’s specifications and features are in this price range, making it ideal in this list for the Cricut Explore machine which you can buy right now.
- The efficient and powerful Core i5 processor
- Sleek and sophisticated exterior design
- Solid and stylish build quality
- Excellent performance with Cricut
- High-quality stereo sound
- Good build quality
- USB Type-C (USB 3.1 Gen. 2)
- This laptop comes with a long-lasting battery life
- Touch screen display which rotates at 360 degrees
- No optical drive.
4. Best All-Rounder Laptop: Acer Swift X
- Aspect Ratio:16:9.Control method:voice.Maximum Power Supply Wattage : 90 W
- Ultimate Performance. Uncompromised Battery Life: Speed up tasks with AMD Ryzen 7 5825U processor with Zen 3 Core Architecture, available for...
- RTX, It's On: The latest NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU (4GB GDDR6 VRAM) is powered by award-winning Ampere architecture with new Ray Tracing...
- A True Visual Representation: Create your best content on the 14" Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Widescreen LED-backlit 100% sRGB display with 300 nits...
Convertible laptops are fabulous but they always have a keyboard, so you may not get a “pure” tablet experience, which can be bulky.
On the other hand, you can do your Cricut-related work with a removable laptop as much as you want.
This notebook can be useful for Cricut Explore Air 2, Air, drawing, sketching, or taking notes using a laptop. Awesome computer. Very lightweight and fast.
The Acer Swift X is one of the most popular laptops and offers a removable design. It offers a 14-inch multi-touch screen with a Full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels and delivers bright and dazzling colors.
For better performance, Acer Swift X is equipped with AMD Ryzen 7 5825U 3-Core Processor, the Latest 16GB LPDDR4 RAM, and 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD blazing-fast data storage, boots up in about 5 seconds, and is ready to go.
It’s hard to believe that this compact machine offers Radeon Graphics, so it supports heavyweight games. The laptop is super quiet and cool.
This laptop has many input ports in the connectivity department, a Display port over USB Type-C & USB Charging, 2 – USB 3.0 ports, 1 – HDMI out with HDCP support, a headphone jack, and an Excellent HD Webcam.
The USB Type-C port supports everything you need, including viewing, data transfer, and charging. Similarly, a standard USB Type-A port is sufficient to connect to a Cricut Explore machine.
The best thing about this best laptop is its portability and performance. Weighing 2.65 pounds (including the keyboard), it is very suitable for people working outdoors. The keyboard works like a charm.
Another interesting fact is that this is a hardcore laptop for Cricut Explore Air 2. Therefore, there is no sound during heavy tasks and low battery consumption.
- Perfect performance
- Up to 11.5 hours of battery life
- The backlit keyboard and fingerprint reader are great
- A multi-touch screen appears with the Acer Active stylus.
- The gorgeous 14-inch screen (Full HD resolution) IPS screen is so clear and crisp, even at angles.
- It’s glossy but has no glare issues
- Thunderbolt 3 port provides a variety of connections
- The price of elegance!
- No optical drive
- So light laptop
5. Best Aesthetic Laptop: Asus Vivobook S14
- 14” Full HD NanoEdge bezel display with stunning 85% screen-to-body ratio
- Latest 11th generation Intel Core i5-1135G7 Quad Core Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.70 GHz, with IPU)
- Free Upgrade to Windows 11 Home
- 8GB DDR4 RAM and 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD
This VivoBook S14 laptop is the excellent ultimate ultrabook from ASUS laptops.
A lightweight and durable laptop with powerful features. Suitable for professionals, students, and office workers. Get this laptop and Experience the best Cricut Explore Air and Air 2 on it.
This laptop comes with a carbon cover and carbon power button to give it an ultra-modern look. Its 1080p screen provides crisp, bright images. It uses IPS screen technology, which is known for delivering high-quality images.
The best thing about this laptop is that it has an anti-glare surface, so you don’t have to worry about reflections.
You can efficiently work in a bright room. The color quality is also excellent.
Its carbon-fiber keyboard is very comfortable and the keys are finely expanded. you will enjoy typing on this laptop. Its touchpad is also very soft and smooth.
It has a pre-installed Windows 11 Pro operating system. Its powerful 11th generation Intel Core i5-1135G7 Quad Core Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.70 GHz, with IPU) allows you to run intensive software comfortably.
With 8GB DDR4 RAM, you can enjoy multitasking even with heavy Cricut Explore Air and Air 2 machines.
The quality of the webcam is excellent. This laptop also comes with a fingerprint reader.
Besides, this ASUS laptop also offers 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD storage. It’s faster and easier to load and process Cricut explore-related data.
Data transmission is not an issue on this laptop. It has two Thunderbolt ports, a USB Type-A port, a headphone/microphone jack, an HDMI port, and an Ethernet port.
This ASUS laptop weighs only 3.09 lbs, which makes it extremely lightweight and portable. Therefore, you can carry it with you at any time.
The sound quality is good but it can be better than this. The elegant look is an ideal choice for all types of users.
Battery life is essential because some laptops consume battery power faster when running intensive software. However, this is not an issue with this device, as the battery can last about nine and a half hours.
- Latest and most powerful processor.
- Large storage space
- Great value for the feature set
- Snappy performance for the price
- Stylish, slim design with multiple color options
- Long battery life
- Strong port selection and useful extras (fingerprint reader, microSD slot)
- Mid-range audio quality
6. Best For Powerful: Lenovo IdeaPad 1i
- 【Portability】The Ideapad laptop is lightweight and compact, making it easy to carry around. It is an ideal device for those who are always on the...
- 【14" Anti-glare Display】Features an anti-glare display with clear and vibrant visuals, providing a more interactive and intuitive user experience.
- 【12th Gen Processor for Multi-tasking】Equipped with Intel Core i3-1215U, (1.2GHz, Up to Turbo Boost 4.4 GHz, 6 cores, 8 threads). It can handle...
- 【Features】The computer with a range of useful features, including a long-lasting battery, fast Wi-Fi connectivity. Additionally, it has a webcam...
Lenovo IdeaPad 1i comes with enough specifications to run Cricut Explore Air or Air 2. Like other laptops with powerful 12th-generation Intel Core i3 processors, it can run many other CPU-intensive programs at the same time.
It has an excellent trackpad to help you choose the action you want to take when using your laptop.
This new Lenovo IdeaPad 1i is also a better-performance laptop and, as the name implies, offers a great gaming experience.
You can run Cricut Explore or creator software easily on it and play the latest high-end games comfortably.
It’s a versatile model. It helps you complete all your tasks, including professional work and gaming, etc., as long as you stream it online.
Lenovo IdeaPad 1i laptop’s 15.6-inch Full HD display offers excellent image quality, and a widescreen view makes it an ideal gaming device.
Powered by the latest and powerful 12th Gen Intel Core i3-1215U processor, it combines fast 20GB DDR4 RAM with a vast 1TB SSD storage device for a powerful and seamless experience.
It has high-quality built-in intel graphics to assure Cricut Explore software’s smooth performance and the best gaming experience.
The most significant feature is the fingerprint technology that guarantees a secure login.
It also comprises Powerful stereo speakers, a digital microphone, and built-in Wi-Fi all contained in this slim, compact, and lightweight laptop.
Lenovo IdeaPad 1i features USB Type-C, which allows you to enjoy real-time game streaming and provide maximum data speed, and we got up to 12 hours of battery life in our lab test. This laptop is also perfect for gaming.
- Powerful and affordable
- Great design and build quality
- Narrow side bezels
- Long battery life
- Memory capacity is great
- Good performance for the price
- Good WLAN transfer rates
- Nice Backlit keyboard
- Fast Fingerprint Reader
- No optical drive
- No webcam shutter
7. Best Multi-Purpose Laptop: ASUS VivoBook S16X
- ASUS VivoBook S 16X laptop comes with 16” WUXGA (1920 x 1200) 16:10 aspect ratio with ultra-slim 4-sided NanoEdge bezels
- Latest Intel Core i7-12700H Processor 2.3 GHz (24M Cache, up to 4.7 GHz, 6P+8E cores) and Intel Iris Xe graphics
- Fast storage and memory featuring 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD and 8GB DDR4 on board + 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM RAM, Windows 11 Home
- Complimentary 1-month Adobe Creative Cloud subscription with the purchase. Learn more on ASUS website for more details
There is no better choice than to buy the latest version of this laptop, which has a faster processor, especially when performing heavy tasks.
ASUS VivoBook S16X offers you many features and is compatible with running the Cricut software in terms of specifications. At the same time, the price of this laptop is not high.
ASUS VivoBook S16X is equipped with a 12th generation Core i7-12700H up to 4.7GHz, 16GB DDR4 RAM, and 512GB PCIe SSD and can perform Brilliantly Cricut and other tasks.
The nano screen and ultra-narrow bezel provide a smooth image and promise a widescreen view for easy content sharing.
The laptop’s primary focus is its lightweight and slim design, making it portable and easy to move. The laptop weighs about 5.8 pounds and is a much thinner laptop
This Asus laptop has multiple USB connections, including a USB 3.1 Gen port and a USB Type-C connection dedicated to Any-Way, providing a secure connection.
It also has HDMI and SD card ports for connecting to a variety of peripherals and devices. The laptop has four easily accessible modes. These modes are manual, vibrant, eye care, and standard.
Intel UHD Graphics technology optimizes the contrast and sharpness of images and videos to provide a mind-blowing experience.
Overall, the ASUS VivoBook S16X is a reliable and portable laptop for your Cricut Explore Air machines, because of its affordability, functionality, and outstanding performance.
- Latest 12th Gen Technology to provide the best performance with Cricut machines.
- This laptop is compact, lightweight, and beautiful.
- Excellent Full HD display with narrow Edge bezel
- Powerful Performance
- PCIe SSD storage provides a large Space and Speed.
- The latest USB Type-C port available
- Facial login via IR camera, Ergonomic backlit keyboard
- Middling battery life but it’s a powerful laptop for end users.
8. Best Fastest Laptop: Lenovo Yoga 7i
- 【Powerful Performance with 12th Generation Intel Core i7-1255U】Powerhouse Intel Core i7-1255U 10-Core (Up to 5.0 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost...
- 【Customization】Seal is opened for Hardware/Software upgrade only to enhance performance. 16GB DDR5 SDRAM 5200 MHz, Upgraded to 1TB PCI-E NVMe...
- 【Display and Graphics】Brilliant 14" 2K LED-backlit (2240 x 1400) IPS 300 nits, 100% sRGB, Dolby Vision, TÜV Low Blue Light, 60Hz, Dolby Vision,...
- 【Connectivity】Intel Wi-Fi 6E 2 x 2 and Bluetooth 5.1, 2x Thunderbolt 4 ( and DisplayPort 1.4), 1x USB 3.2 Gen 1 (Always On), 1 x HDMI v1.4, 1 x...
Finding a 2-in-1 laptop with an effective performance at a reasonable price is not usually common. The Lenovo Yoga 7i is one of the most popular and best laptops in 2023.
First, Lenovo Yoga is made of an amazing 14″ Touchscreen LED-backlit IPS Full HD (1920 x 1080) Display screen, which is fabulous for viewing and reading documents.
This gives clarity that Psychology students can also study online on their laptops easily.
Therefore, you can use it to make notes and draw pictures. Full HD resolution expands your work area on the screen for multitasking. It could be reliable for Cricut Explore Air, Air 2.
In the performance department, This Lenovo laptop provided the newest 12th Gen Intel Core i7-1255U processor with 16 GB RAM and 1TB m.2 m.2 NVMe SSD.
This laptop’s price is low and It can also provide excellent performance. You can also use it to browse the internet, edit documents, watch movies, and play games.
In addition to outstanding performance, the Lenovo Yoga 7i has an 8-hour battery backup and is compatible with Quick Charge technology.
Overall, if you don’t want to spend too much on your laptop, you can consider getting this convertible design laptop.
These features make this Lenovo Yoga 7i a perfect option for Cricut Explore Air, Air 2.
- Speedy SSD
- Great-looking display
- Decent battery life
- Includes Lenovo Active Pen
- Built-in fingerprint reader
- Webcam privacy shutter.
- Dual internal storage bays
- Fair price with the best performance
- No optical drive,
- Reflective display
9. Most Portable, Long Battery Life Laptop: LG Gram 17
- 13th Gen Intel Core Processor - Powered by Intel’s 13th Gen Core processor, this LG gram is engineered to keep users multitasking with ease. You can...
- 6000 MHz LPDDR5 RAM - Stay in the zone with 6000 MHz of lightning-quick memory you need to perform at your very best during both work and play.
- 17" WQXGA Non-Reflective IPS Display With DCI-P3 99% - Expand the realm of what’s possible using a 17” screen with a 16:10 aspect ratio that can...
- Windows 11 Home - Windows 11 brings you closer to what you love. Pursue your passions and maximize your productivity with the new Windows 11. Built...
The LG Gram series is known for its wings, such as laptop and marathon battery life. We believe; that when you know its actual spec, you won’t believe it.
LG Gram 17 is the best Portable Notebook for Cricut Design Space due to its lightweight and long battery life.
Let’s talk about LG Gram 17.
It’s a full-size laptop that offers a 17-inch screen with WQXGA (2560×1600) IPS display Full HD resolution.
The most exciting thing is its weight which is 7 pounds, can you believe it?
This thing makes this device unique.
According to MobileMark standards, up to 17 hours of web browsing is possible, which is fantastic.
No, don’t underestimate the performance supported by the latest 13th Generation Intel Core i7-1260P, 12-Core processor, 16GB of RAM, and fastest 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD.
Therefore, it can provide stable and consistent performance even with multitasking.
For connectivity options, you can get USB Type-A, HDMI, and USB Type-C ports.
It’s worth noting that it supports a single USB Type-C 4K display output, fast data transmission, and charging.
You already know that it is very lightweight, very compact, and has a micro bezel.
Therefore, it looks more portable. This LG laptop is the perfect travel companion.
This LG 17 has passed seven industry-standard durability tests to prove military-grade durability and is made with a durable and lightweight premium nano-carbon magnesium all-metal body.
With reliable performance and portability, the LG Gram may be the end of your laptop’s best pursuit, even if you need the most extended spare battery.
- Excellent display.
- Military-grade durability
- Astoundingly light for a 17-inch laptop.
- Outstanding battery life.
- Improved SSD and graphics
- Comprehensive port selection.
- As compact a footprint as possible for the screen size.
- No touch-screen option.
- Relatively pricey.
10. Robust Laptop With Detachable Design: Microsoft Surface
- Aspect Ratio:3:2
- The most powerful Surface Laptop. Quad-core powered 11th Gen Intel Core H Series processors handle your most complex workloads.
- Boundary-pushing design with sleek 14.4“ (5) touchscreen makes seamless transitions from laptop to entertainment-ready stage to portable creative...
- Pair with Surface Slim Pen 2 for the best digital pen experience yet, featuring the feeling of pen on paper(7). Magnetically attach, store, and charge...
Although we do not recommend using expensive high-end laptops with Cricut Explore. However, suppose you’re an advanced user and multitasking.
In that case, you can use a graphics-intensive program or dozens of Chrome tabs, but you still need a lightweight laptop. You can consider a Microsoft Surface laptop.
The best thing about the Surface laptop is that it has fantastic configurations.
If you don’t have strict requirements, you can choose a 14.4-inch model with an Intel Core i5 processor, 16GB RAM, and 256 GB SSD.
This laptop is enough for your Cricut design and cutting work.
Earlier Surface laptop flagship model offers a 13.3-inch display with an Intel Core i3 processor, 16GB of memory, and 256 GB of SSD storage. It also features a Intel Iris Xe Graphics card.
As you can see in the image, the Surface laptop offers a removable design.
Therefore, you can use it as a tablet. Besides, the lively PixelSense touchscreen can provide realistic images.
It has a Surface Connect port with a USB Type-C port and a headphone jack, so you’ll need to purchase an adapter to connect to other devices.
Whether you’re talking about performance, quality, portability, durability, or battery life, the Microsoft Surface laptop won’t let you down. Still, you’ll have to pay a fortune.
So, the Microsoft Surface laptop is the ideal laptop for Cricut Explore Air & Air2.
- Premium alloy construction.
- Elegant convertible design.
- Sharp high-resolution touch display in a new larger size.
- Discrete Intel Iris Xe Graphics.
- 17 hours of battery backup
- Multiple configuration options.
- Xbox wireless controller receiver is integrated.
- Surface Pen is an additional purchase.
- No optical drive
11. Best Secured Laptop: Apple MacBook Air
- IMPRESSIVELY BIG, IMPOSSIBLY THIN — The 15-inch MacBook Air makes room for more of what you love with a spacious Liquid Retina display. The durable...
- SUPERCHARGED BY M2 — Get more done faster with a powerful 8-core CPU, 10-core GPU, and up to 24GB of unified memory.
- UP TO 18 HOURS OF BATTERY LIFE — Go all day with the power-efficient performance of the Apple M2 chip. (Battery life varies by use and...
- SPACIOUS, BEAUTIFUL DISPLAY — The high-resolution, 15.3-inch Liquid Retina display features 500 nits of brightness, P3 wide color, and support for...
As Apple is the flagship of laptop technology, it should also include at least one MacBook in this list.
The Apple MacBook Air meets all the requirements for running the design space, Cricut Explore Air & Air 2.
That’s not all. It has 8GB RAM, ample storage space 256GB SSD, and a M2 chip processor.
One of the most popular features of the MacBook Air (for everyone, not just Cricut users) is that it weighs less than 3 pounds.
The slim and lightweight design makes it the most Cricut compatible portable notebook computer for high-quality displays.
Being talented with Apple is proud. That’s why many art notebook users choose Apple products.
So what makes the performance extraordinary?
Apple’s Retina display feature is primarily grateful for this. Apple describes the MacBook Air’s Retina display as follows:
“The display resolution is 2880 x1864, which is more than 4 million pixels colors. So the result is really great. The image is more detailed and realistic. The text is crisp and crunchy. Of course, there are millions of colors, and Everything you see is rich and vibrant. ” The MacBook Air delivers such marvelous display quality.
Other essential features include 12 hours of battery life, fast web browsing, and various ports for connecting to select Cricut machines using layout space software.
It has two built-in USB-3 ports, one with Thunderbolt-2 and one with SDXC.
One of the drawbacks of this version of the MacBook Air is that the color quality is not clear and is defined as the latest Air model.
Some users find that the resolution is significantly lower than the updated Air but claim that the resolution is higher than any other laptop brand.
Besides, some users find the 15.3-inch screen too small to meet their design needs, but this is a personal choice.
- Beautiful, high-resolution “Retina” display.
- Sleek, lightweight aluminum case with a now-classic “tapered” design.
- Attractive silver, dark “Space Gray,” and gold color options.
- Solid performance and excellent battery life.
- Replaceable battery.
- Two Thunderbolt 3 ports.
- Clever, versatile “Force Touch” trackpad.
- Touch ID authentication.
- Likely a reliable “Scissor Switch” keyboard.
- The least expensive new Apple notebook when released
BEST LAPTOPS FOR CRICUT EXPLORE ONE, AIR, OR AIR 2 IN 2023 – BUYER’S GUIDE
Processor for Cricut Explore Air & Air 2
The processor is an essential part of any laptop and in most cases, it could not be replaceable. Therefore, you need to make the right decisions based on your needs.
If you use your laptop only for Cricut or leisure tasks, you can choose a processor such as i3-8130U 3.4GHz or Ryzen 5 3500U 3.7GHz within your budget.
These processors can provide the excellent performance required for disconnection or design work.
On the other hand, if you always have multiple programs open and use other powerful design software such as Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, and Adobe Photoshop, you need to invest in a better processor.
This does not mean that the Intel Core i3 processor will not work, but it may slow down performance. As such, you need to select one or more Intel Core i5 processors.
Not only does it provide simple performance, but it can also handle future software updates.
If you choose a Core i5 laptop, you need at least six generations to perform well.
Example: i5-7300HQ @ 3.5GHz, i5-8250U @ 3.4GHz, i5-8265U @ 3.9GHz. You can also buy AMD processors such as Ryzen 7 2700U @ 3.4GHz and AMD Ryzen 7 3750H.
Do I need to buy an Intel Core i7 processor for Cricut Explore?
In general, we do not recommend using the Intel Core i7 processor. It is terrific because it consumes a lot of battery.
However, in the list section, I’ve listed some Core i7 laptops, focusing on all user settings.
Random Memory of RAM for Cricut Explore
When talking about the desktop version, the design space can still be used as a web-based application.
However, Cricut uses an offline version of this application and does not require the Internet.
According to Cricut’s official recommendations, you should choose at least 4GB of RAM, but that’s not the only task you want to perform on your laptop.
Therefore, you should choose a laptop with at least 8GB of RAM.
Most internet browsers today rely on large amounts of memory. Also, using multiple programs at the same time further increases memory requirements.
You can use a laptop with 4GB of RAM, but make sure you can upgrade in the future.
Monitor/Display Resolution for Cricut Explore
Compared to the minimum requirements, all new laptops you choose have higher resolution, so it’s not a big deal here.
Screen resolution indicates the number of different pixels on the screen. For example, the width of a Full HD screen is 1920 x 1080 pixels.
This means that the image displayed on the screen is 2073600 pixels—the more pixels on the screen, the faster the generated image’s quality.
If you use a very complex design, you should consider using a high-resolution laptop. In general, Full HD laptops work well in most situations.
If your budget allows, you can increase your budget.
Storage for Cricut Explore
Storage capacity is entirely dependent on your requirements. For example, if you have many photos and videos, you will need a large disk drive to store your data.
Cricut does not require any special storage, but we recommend using SSD storage for better performance.
Compared to traditional HDDs, SSD (Solid State Drive) storage can provide better performance. You can often feel this difference, such as file access or system boot. But that’s not the only benefit SSD offers. It is also lightweight, reliable, and energy-efficient.
As you may know, SSDs are costly, but even if your data isn’t that big, a small SSD is the right choice.
You can also opt for a laptop with hybrid storage to take advantage of speed and storage space at a low price.
Connection Options for Cricut Explore Air
Of course, the standard USB Type-A is the port you need to connect to Cricut, but be sure to get the latest version (3.0 or later) for a fast and reliable connection.
To connect an external monitor, you need HDMI, DisplayPort, or USB Type-C (Thunderbolt 3) on your laptop.
Suppose your product or home doesn’t have a wireless network. In that case, you should also pay attention to the Ethernet port.
Cricut Explore Air, Air 2 System Requirements
The Cricut Design Space software is commonly used for use with Cricut cutting machines, it provides design space, and is also a means of creating an interface between your laptop and your device, which may be a Cricut Air or an Air 2. A Core i3 processor, 8GB of RAM, and 256GB SSD are sufficient for Cricut.
FAQs of Best Laptops for Cricut Explore Air, Air 2
We recommend the best laptop for Cricut Explore Air, Air 2 but there are a few issues to consider before buying. You can try to resolve all the problems from this FAQ section.
How can I at least connect Cricut AIR or AIR2 to LAPTOP?
The Cricut Explore Air and Air 2 have Bluetooth capabilities. However, we recommend connecting the Cricut Explore Air to your laptop via the included USB cable for the initial setup.
Here are some steps to connect Air or Air 2 with your laptop.
Step 1: Connect the Cricut Explore Air to a wall outlet via the included power cord.
Step 2: Connect the Cricut Explore Air to your laptop using the included USB cable. Connect the square end of the cable to the Cricut Explore Air. This port is next to the power port. Then connect the other end of the cable to the USB port on your laptop.
Step 3: After connecting Explore Air / Air 2 to your laptop, make sure your laptop is connected to the internet. If yes, enter the URL https://design.cricut.com/#/setup in your laptop browser.
Step 4: You will be asked to create a Cricut account, download the Cricut plugin and configure the software. The software settings help your laptop recognize the Cricut Explore Air or Air 2.
Step 5: You can use the Cricut Design Space software by logging in to your Cricut account.
What blades come with Cricut Explore?
Only one blade in the box is equipped with Cricut Explore Air or Air2. This blade is called a premium fine-point blade and can be used for excellent and accurate cuts.
Suitable for paper, card stock, card stock, vinyl, iron, and other light to medium materials.
However, since the blade is used for precision cutting, the blade may become dull if used repeatedly, so check the blade’s sharpness regularly.
There is also an aftermarket paper called “Deep Bottom Paper” that you can purchase here. This paper comprises thick materials such as magnets, chipboard, stamp material, thick cardstock, stiff felt, foam board, cardboard, and some fabrics. They are used for cutting.
If you want something that lasts longer than the leaves of the box, use a pointed blade.
How does Cricut explore air work?
As mentioned earlier, the Cricut Explore Air is a die-cutting machine for home and DIY projects.
Want to know how Cricut Explore Air works? Check out this article published by Laurascraftylife.
What is the difference between Cricut Explore Air and Cricut Explore Air 2?
At first glance, the two machines are similar. However, there are many differences between the two machines and they are different from each other.
For a detailed comparison of the two machines, see this article on artyfartsymama.com.
Can you use Cricut cartridges with Cricut Explore Air?
With the latest Cricut Explore machines, Cricut eliminates ink cartridges and allows you to perform all operations online.
However, suppose you still have ink cartridges on your old machine. In that case, you can re-use them on your Cricut Air or Air2 device and your machine has ink cartridge slots available.
After loading the ink cartridges, go to the Cricut Design Space application (browser-based) link, and use the ink cartridges.
What are the internet requirements for a Cricut Explore Air and Air 2?
Cricut’s internet requirements can detect “Air and Air 2”.
a. High-speed data transmission technology
b. Download at least 2-3 Mbps
c. The upload speed of at least 1-2 Mbps
d. Standard data rates may apply.
What are the offline requirements for Cricut Explore Air and Air 2?
a. The Cricut offline requirement can detect “Air and Air 2”.
b. Design space dedicated to desktop and iOS devices
c. Memory requirements depend on usage.
What should be the battery life of a laptop?
If the battery life isn’t enough, it doesn’t make sense to buy a laptop. Cricut Explore Air and Air2 laptops require at least 10 hours of battery life on a single charge.
This way, you can get the job done during working hours without worrying about battery issues.
Unfortunately, most laptops that can run intensive software do not offer a long battery life. Still, some of the laptops we mentioned earlier can do that.
What is the ideal screen size for Cricut Explore Air & Air 2?
Another essential factor to consider is screen size. It depends on your taste. For more information and a better viewing experience, consider using a larger screen size and higher resolution laptop.
The best thing about big-screen laptops is that you can compromise if the resolution isn’t too high. A laptop with a large 15.6-inch screen is perfect for you.
What can you make with the help of Cricut Explore Air or Air 2?
By subtly arranging Cricut, you can show your artistic skills. With the help of Cricut, you can explore the air, including vinyl cards, wax paper, pillows, jewelry, party decorations, 3D crafts, sewing crafts, gift tags, and more.
Vinyl is an essential material that machines can cut and apply to projects. In this case, you can use the paper liner as a liner to hold the vinyl in place.
Best Laptops for Cricut Explore Air, Air 2 Review – 2023
Conclusion of Best Laptops for Cricut Explore Air, Air 2
Finally, The Best Laptops for Cricut Explore Air, Air 2 have been selected for your work, the laptops listed above are the best in class, and each laptop has some unique features.
In the lives of students and professionals, the demand for laptops has increased significantly. Everyone needs a laptop with a faster processor, more storage space, and a few additional features.
Suppose you want to use Cricut for projects or handicrafts utilizing a laptop. In that case, these laptops will help you easily accomplish this task.
The choice of a laptop is entirely dependent on the needs of the user.
- But my favorite Laptop is the HP Pavilion x360;
You can take this Best Laptop for Cricut Explore, Air & Air2 without any hesitation.
Read more: Best Laptops for Cricut Explore 3