If you are in a hurry, pick our expert’s best choice the newest HP Pavilion x360.
In this article, we have enlisted the best laptops without optical drive for 2023 that will be able to fuel your endeavors without breaking into a sweat.
We were wondering during our research on the best laptops without an optical drive when we found no one has written about it yet. So we decided to write a complete review on it, which will help you buy a perfect laptop.
The development of notebook computers has always been driven by the need for lighter, thinner, and more energy-efficient designs.
These needs are reflected in the slim, stylish laptops, which are a true embodiment of laptop computer design. Many manufacturers are now not giving optical drives to make their laptops more stylish, thinner, and lightweight.
Laptops without an optical drive are not only slim and beautiful, but they are also high-performance devices. In most cases, laptop brands offer highly efficient processors and SSD storage units that take up very little space.
Thin laptops offer excellent durability (on most devices) while allowing touchscreen access. Also, you get innovative features such as built-in security, NFC, and voice recognition to make it more portable.
Finally, the slimmest possible form factor makes the Ultrabooks more conducive to detachability and convertibility. We did a lot of research, checked 27 Laptops, and came up with a list of laptops without the optical drive to help you choose the best laptop.
Top 9 Best Laptops without Optical Drive in 2023 [Recommended]
The following section lists 9 functional without optical drive laptops, including some currently sold online and offline stores. In addition to unmatched portability, our options include:
⦁ Superior processing power
⦁ A stylish mobile-centric GPU
⦁ A vibrant display with a narrow bezel
⦁ Excellent battery backup
1. Best Versatile Laptop: HP Pavilion x360
- 🥇【Brand New 13th Gen Intel Core i5-1335U Processor】Equiped with intel Core i5-1335U Processor Up to Turbo Boost 4.6GHz, 10 cores, 12 threads,...
- 🥇【15.6" FHD IPS TouchScreen】15.6" Touchscreen BrightView IPS Micro-edge FHD (1920 x 1080) Display, effectively improve office and communication...
- 🥇【RAM & Storage】32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB PCIe SSD. Run your applications smoothly, save all your files and provides enough space to save more data.
- 🥇【 Strong Connectivity】 Stay connected with WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5.3 built in. Integrated HP Wide Vision 720p HD camera and integrated Dual...
The HP Pavilion x360 stands out from the other devices on the list with its style, portability, and amazing performance. Most notable is that the ultra-slim HP Pavilion x360 laptop has a full HD 15.6-inch IPS display that combines consummate portability and uncompromising performance.
This laptop has the latest powerful 13th Gen Intel Core i5-1335U processor that can run your software efficiently. As the processer operates at a primary clock speed 1.7GHz, but current chipset clock speeds can reach up to 4.6GHz. The integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics provides excellent quality of graphics-intensive work.
This HP Pavilion x360 has 32GB high-bandwidth RAM to improve performance and uses Hyper-Threading Technology for excellent performance. Also, there is a fast 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive for storing media, software data, and more. As far as the operating system is concerned, Windows 11 Home Edition is readily available.
The 15.6-inch Full HD panel is very crisp and has a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. Also, the viewing angle and bezel of the IPS screen are relatively narrow.
The device also focuses on sound quality by integrating responsive speakers. Other specifications include a bright HD webcam and resource microphone array.
There’s a USB Type-C port for faster data transfer and laptop charging. There are also many other basic slots for connecting to external peripherals. The company also offers excellent battery packs that can provide 22.5 hours of backup time.
This laptop is a very durable and reliable choice. It weighs only 3.86 pounds, making it the better laptop without an optical drive.
- Lightweight and durable chassis
- Best everyday performance
- Decent performance
- Superior sound quality
- Stylus pen included
- Amazing battery life
- A tad pricey
- No optical drive
2. Best Performative Laptop: Dell Inspiron 7000
- 【High-Speed RAM And Enormous Space】32GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once; 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2...
- 【Processor】12th Gen Intel Core i7-1255U Processor (10 Cores, 12 Threads, 12MB L3 Smart Cache, Base Frequency at 1.2 GHz, Up to 4.7 GHz at Max...
- 【Display】14.0" FHD+ IPS Touch Screen
- 【Tech Specs】1 x HDMI, 1 x USB 3.1 Type-A Gen1, 2 x USB 3.2 Type-C Gen1, 1 x SD Card Reader, 1 x Headphone/Microphone Combo Jack; Wi-Fi 6 +...
The Dell Inspiron 7000 is an engineering wonder with a beautiful, durable chassis made of machined aluminum. However, the equipment is designed well and is also focused on productivity and performance.
To get started, Dell has a powerful 12th-generation Intel Core i7-1255U processor with a maximum speed of 4.70GHz. This graphics-centric processor can handle eight threads, making it easy to handle specialized tasks. This Dell also has Intel UHD graphics with shared graphics memory.
This Dell has 32GB of DDR4 RAM to improve multitasking performance, which is quite impressive. This laptop has 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive to store data and boot the window quickly in terms of storage.
While booting up the Windows 11 Home version in a matter of seconds, the storage drive is also capable of retrieving files and data quickly.
This laptop has an innovative, striking touchscreen in terms of screen space and a 14-inch screen panel. Infinity Edge Innovation, owned by Dell, exists because laptop bezels may be the thinnest in specific market segments.
The QHD + visual surface provides a Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protective cover and an overall resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels. The Dell Inspiron 7000 adds and updates Dolby Vision to your existing screen to get the most out of the colors available on your current screen.
You’ll get a standard keyboard, a smooth touchpad with an integrated fingerprint sensor, and an impressive 4W stereo speaker on this laptop.
Dell also offers high-quality HD webcams and facial recognition systems. This laptop uses innovative lid sensor technology and a beautiful heat-dissipation design.
The device has dual fan settings and invisible heat pipes, an essential complement to existing products.
The Inspiron 7000 has two Thunderbolt 3 ports, Wi-Fi 6 standard, Bluetooth 5.0, and many other traditional solutions for multiple older peripherals in terms of ports and connectivity. The backup battery associated with the device depends on usage but typically lasts up to 15 hours.
If you’re looking for a device with great looks and predictable performance, the Dell Inspiron 7000 with a 12th-generation Intel Core i7 processor is for you.
However, if you use the more powerful 6-core processor and GTX 1650 gaming laptop, you can consider the Dell Inspiron 7000. The Dell Inspiron 7000 is still a magnificent laptop when combined with a QHD touch panel, which provides a more rich visual experience.
This is the best laptop without an optical drive, making it a slim, lightweight, and durable laptop. This laptop weighs only 5.36 pounds.
- High-efficiency processor with Intel graphics adjustment technology
- Decent storage space
- High-brightness compact display
- Excellent aesthetics
- Dual Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Limited port selection
3. Best Functional Laptop: Asus Zenbook Pro 14
- ASUS DialPad: an intuitive controller that provides instant fingertip control on creative apps including change brush size, saturation and more...
- Display: 14.5-inch WQXGA+ (2880 x 1800) OLED NanoEdge touchscreen, with an expansive 16:10 aspect ratio, the touchscreen is Dolby Vision certified and...
- Latest 13th generation Intel Core i9-13900H Processor 2.6 GHz (24MB Cache, up to 5.4 GHz, 14 cores, 20 Threads) and Intel UHD graphics
- NVIDIA Geforce RTX 4070 Laptop GPU with 8GB GDDR6 VRAM - Studio Ready
The Asus Zenbook Pro 14 has no optical drive, making it a lightweight, portable, and travel-friendly laptop for business people.
This laptop weighs only 3.7 pounds. The Asus Zenbook Pro 14 is probably the most innovative laptop on our list, thanks to its prestigious 2.0 screen pad. In addition to this technical miracle, you can also use many graphics-intensive skills without spending money.
In terms of processing performance, this laptop has a powerful U-series Intel chipset. The Latest 13th-generation Intel Core i9-13900H Processor makes it easy for your device to handle demanding tasks. Today’s i9 processors use a 14-core architecture that scales up to 5.4 GHz.
ASUS combines the powerful NVIDIA Geforce RTX 4070 Laptop GPU with 8GB of GDDR6 video RAM to handle complex graphics and creative requirements without delay. Also, the processor supports 16GB DDR5 RAM and has seamless multitasking capabilities.
A 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 Performance SSD drive manages Storage-centric requirements. As for the operating system, ASUS is offering Windows 11 Pro now.
The ASUS NanoEdge Bezel provides an excellent frame design. After that, the cumulative resolution is WQXGA+ (2880 x 1800) pixels, so the 14.5-inch display is worth a look. Widescreen is all about clarity and the most apparent viewing angle possible.
The ZenBook Pro 14 has a structural glow and adjusts features and productivity, such as a backlit keyboard and a dedicated numeric keypad.
However, it’s worth mentioning the innovative touchscreen 2.0. The 5.65-inch panel has a quick-response handwriting reader, application browser, and Slide Xpert to control your business activities.
In addition to this, a powerful webcam with high-end speakers and IR face scanning, and Windows Hello support is also available.
In terms of ports and connectivity options, the company offers features such as USB Type-C, HDMI, Gigabit Ethernet, and Wi-Fi 5. The current 71Wh battery module, when used properly, can provide a stable 15-hour backup power supply.
In general, Finally, this version of ASUS Zenbook Pro 14 is an excellent laptop without an optical drive. This laptop has been designed to increase professional productivity without impacting processing power.
- Powerful battery
- Vibrant display
- ErgoLift hinges bring a great writing experience
- Innovative cooling technology
- Reliable GPU with RTX 4070 design
- Very intuitive touchpad or screen pad 2.0
- Mixed performance
- The display could be brighter
4. Best Fastest Laptop: Gigabyte AORUS 17
- NVIDIA 30 Series: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Laptop GPU 8GB GDDR6, Boost Clock 1410 MHz, Maximum Graphics Power 130 W, NVIDIA Ampere Streaming...
- Intel 12th Gen Ready: 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700H (2.3GHz~4.7GHz)
- DDR4 Ready: DDR4 3200 8GB*2, 2x DDR4 Slots - Max 64GB, 1TB Storage
- Cutting-Edge Display: 17.3" Thin Bezel FHD 1920x1080 IPS-level Anti-glare Display (360Hz, 72% NTSC)
The Gigabyte AORUS 17 is one of the most popular and powerful laptops without an optical drive on the market. In addition to including various games and productivity-focused specifications, the device demonstrates an innovative aesthetic.
This laptop has a 12th-generation Intel Core i7-12700H chipset that powers the device with an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Laptop GPU 8GB GDDR6. Today’s processors can handle more complex software with a turbo clock speed of 4.7 GHz. 8GB VRAM support also increases your graphics-intensive productivity.
This laptop’s 17.3-inch UHD panel works well with a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels (FHD). A slim frame and an X-Rite Pantone engine enhance the IPS screen. Therefore, the AORUS 17 has excellent color calibration and the sharpest viewing angle possible.
16GB of DDR4 3200 RAM on this laptop provides excellent speed during multitasking. As for storage, the laptop uses a 1 TB Intel 760p SSD. This SSD offers fast data transfer on this laptop.
The use of a programmable backlit keyboard is exciting, followed by a gesture-compatible touchpad. Other specifications include:
⦁ A powerful webcam
⦁ Built-in speakers with non-acoustic sound output
⦁ A set of digital microphones
Today’s devices are exquisite in terms of the hardware offered, with a thickness of 0.74 inches. Also, the device weighs 8.23 pounds, which is still very light given its goal. The port layout is suitable for other displays and devices, USB 3.1 Gen 1, USB 3.1 Gen 2, and AORUS 17 in some other significant slots.
The 94 Wh battery provides 9 hours of backup time. This is the most sought-after ultra-thin laptop on our list without an optical drive.
- Outstanding performance
- Great GPU and great VRAM
- Multi-core processor with multi-thread support
- Functional battery
- Less storage for hardcore professionals
5. Best Secured Laptop: Acer Swift 3
- The Ultimate Premium Laptop Experience: Don’t sacrifice performance, graphics or battery life…Enjoy superior performance with the Acer Swift 3,...
- Kick-Start Your Productivity: Now featuring 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700H processor with dedicated Intel Iris Xe graphics delivering superior...
- OLED is Everything: Feast your eyes on the brilliance of the 16:10, 2.8K WQXGA+ (2880 x 1800) OLED (Organic Light-Emitting Diode) display and prepare...
- Internal Specifications: 16GB LPDDR5 memory (maximum 16GB); 1TB PCIe Gen 4 SSD; Killer Wireless Wi-Fi 6E AX1675 supports dual-stream Wi-Fi in the...
Thin and light laptops are good news for those who travel a lot. Acer Swift 3 offers processing power and mobility to maintain efficiency. This version of Swift 3 combines the power of a 12th-generation Intel Core processor with 16GB LPDDR5 RAM, 1TB PCIe Gen 4 SSD, and a 14-inch touchscreen.
This laptop has a 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700H processor, which is uncommon. This processor has a base speed of 2.5 GHz, but Turbo Boost can provide speeds up to 4.7 GHz, which is quite impressive.
The Intel Iris Xe graphics are integrated with the chipset to share the graphics processing load. Its synergies allow it to handle IDEs, Microsoft Office programs, high-definition videos, and some simple games.
Acer Swift 3 has 16GB LPDDR5 RAM and 1TB PCIe Gen 4 SSD. This combination of memory can provide fast boot, smooth operation, and quick access to data functions. Windows 11 Home Edition is a part of a software package that provides features with a user-friendly interface.
The 14-inch Full HD+ OLED display has a narrow bezel and offers an excellent color gamut at a resolution of WQXGA+ (2880 x 1800) pixels. The touch screen is very convenient and provides more operation in Windows 11.
Acer inserts a full-sized backlit keyboard into the panel behind the numeric keypad. This keyboard gives you plenty of space to write. Unlike standard templates, the keyboard panel has cumbersome power button positions and extra key rows.
This Acer also has standard touchpads and Bio-protection fingerprints. This fingerprint reader provides a secure login on this laptop. The classic silver design of this laptop looks elegant and straightforward.
Acer Swift 3 has a Thunderbolt 3 USB Type-C port, USB Type-C (Display Port), and a 3.5mm audio jack. The laptop has Wi-Fi 5 and Bluetooth for wireless connectivity. With careful use, the battery lasts up to 13 hours.
This laptop has two integrated speakers with Acer’s True Harmony technology. Swift 3 is the perfect combination of ultra-lightweight packaging for practicality, functionality, and price.
The Acer Swift 3 is one of the best laptops with no optical drive. This laptop weighs only 2.65 pounds. For people who love thin and light laptops, Acer Swift 3 is a perfect choice.
- 14-inch ultra-thin bezel
- Efficient Touch screen
- Long battery life
- Great CPU with a good storage combination
- No HDMI port
6. Best All-Rounder Laptop: Apple MacBook Air M2
- IMPRESSIVELY BIG, IMPOSSIBLY THIN — The 15-inch MacBook Air makes room for more of what you love with a spacious Liquid Retina display. The durable...
- SUPERCHARGED BY M2 — Get more done faster with a powerful 8-core CPU, 10-core GPU, and up to 24GB of unified memory.
- UP TO 18 HOURS OF BATTERY LIFE — Go all day with the power-efficient performance of the Apple M2 chip. (Battery life varies by use and...
- SPACIOUS, BEAUTIFUL DISPLAY — The high-resolution, 15.3-inch Liquid Retina display features 500 nits of brightness, P3 wide color, and support for...
Searching for a reliable Ultrabook usually ends when the Apple MacBook Air is involved. The latest models are no exception, emphasizing the unique structural elements after the live performance.
This device is powered by an essential Apple M2 processor. The primary clock speed is breakneck, but the chipset can use a 5.0GHz turbo clock to handle demanding tasks. The graphics processing unit Intel Iris Plus can run casual games and can also improve visual quality.
Apple has 8GB of RAM and 10MB of cache to reduce access time. For storage, you can get a 256GB SSD. Today’s SSD storage modules are faster and can quickly load your existing Mac OS X 10.0.
The 13.6-inch IPS panel uses Retina display technology to provide more explicit images and excellent color reproduction standards. The overall screen resolution of 2560 x 1600px improves sharpness.
Productivity-focused Apple features such as the Magic Backlit keyboard, Force trackpad, Touch ID support, and built-in stereo speakers are amazing. Other standard additions include a standard FaceTime webcam and microphone array.
This stylish device has two Thunderbolt 3 ports for easy pairing with an external GPU and a 4K display. Also, you can access other older ports, such as the Type-C charging port and the USB 3.1 Gen 2 slot. The display battery provides a stable backup for 12 hours.
Overall, the MacBook Air is a rigorously designed notebook with great aesthetics and reliable specifications.
For Apple lovers, this is the best laptop without an optical drive on a low budget. Not surprisingly, Apple now has a high-quality, rugged chassis that weighs about 2.8 pounds.
- Excellent aesthetics
- Responsive keyboard
- Group of speakers
- Lightweight and portable laptop
- Long battery life
- Webcam quality is compromised
7. Best Multi-Purpose Laptop: Lenovo Yoga 7i
- 12th Gen Intel Core i7-1260P 12-Core processor (4P+8E Cores, 16 threads, Up to 4.7 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost, 18 MB Smart Cache)
- 16'' 2.5K (2560 x 1600) 16:10 IPS, touchscreen, 400 nits Glossy, 10-point multitouch screen for hands-on control, 100% sRGB, TÜV Low Blue Light,...
- 【Customization】 Upgraded to 16GB DDR5 RAM, 1TB m.2 m.2 NVMe SSD, Convertible 2-in-1 Design, Upgraded to Windows 11 Professional
- Intel Wi-Fi 6E (AX211) 802.11AX 2x2 and Bluetooth 5.2 Combo; 2x Thunderbolt 4 (support data transfer, Power Delivery 3.0, and DisplayPort 1.4); 2x USB...
Lenovo continues to lead the market for devices with integrated Thunderbolt 3 ports. In addition to providing excellent connectivity, the Lenovo Yoga 7i also offers excellent portability.
The 12th Gen Intel Core i7-1260P chipset is an excellent addition to easily handle web browsing, podcasting, and other demanding activities. Similarly, the laptop also has integrated Iris Xe Graphics capable of playing casual games.
Professional performances and game-playing experiences get a significant boost with the 16GB high-speed DDR5 RAM. This laptop has a 1TB m.2 m.2 NVMe SSD for efficiently storing large files.
This laptop has a 16-inch 1080px display panel, which is very bright. The slim 5.9mm frame improves the screen-to-chassis ratio and paves the way for excellent viewing angles. The FHD display panel also has anti-glare support and multi-touch capabilities.
This convertible laptop features a durable backlit keyboard, a highly efficient touchpad, and a sensitive fingerprint reader. Also, you’ll always have a great sound system proven by Dolby Atmos’ acoustic technology. Other features include a convenient webcam and a built-in microphone.
There may be a sophisticated chassis, but Lenovo hasn’t compromised connectivity restrictions and has added two Thunderbolt 3 ports. If you have older or external devices, you can use USB 3.0.
The Yoga 7i has an excellent battery that can maintain a stable backup time of approximately 12 hours, even in the most demanding environments. This convertible laptop is probably the most portable device you can buy for the money, with decent processing power and a powerful battery unit.
The device is made of polished aluminum and weighs 2.5 pounds, making it the best laptop without an optical drive.
- Good design
- 2 Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Supports multiple sizes, including store mode and tablet mode
- Powerful battery
- Excellent speaker
- Insufficient storage capacity
8. Best Budget-Friendly Laptop: Google Pixelbook
- Meet google pixel book, the high performance chromebook; it’s the first laptop with the google assistant built in; press the google assistant key on...
- Features 7th gen intel core i5 processor, 8gb ram and 128gb for storage; the long lasting battery delivers up to 10 hours of use and it’s fast...
- The 4 in 1 design adapts to whatever you’re doing with laptop, tablet, tent and entertainment modes; ACcess to favorite apps including google drive,...
- Pixel book's super thin and lightweight design measures 10.3 millimeter and weighs 2.45 pounds; features a 12.3 inch 360 degree touchscreen display, a...
If you have a penchant for a 13.3-inch device, you may be interested in Google PixelBook. The only Chromebook on the list includes PixelBook features. Especially for users who like online activities.
The Intel Core i5 can even maximize performance less than 3.9GHz overclocking conditions in terms of processing requirements. The lowest possible TDP is 7W, but ultra-low-power processors still perform well.
The integrated Intel UHD 615 graphics coprocessor can handle casual online games’ basic tasks and graphics-intensive tasks.
Memory management is better than a random Chromebook because Google adjusts 8GB of RAM to handle multiple browsers simultaneously. The 128GB SSD module is significantly larger than the typical EMMC non-firmware storage drive. This is mainly reflected in traditional cheap Chromebooks.
The PixelBook has the fewest Chrome operating systems, is the fastest, is integrated with security regulations, and supports automatic and timely updates.
The PixelBook has a 13.3-inch touchscreen display with a resolution that exceeds 1920 x 1080 pixels standard resolution. In addition to its sharp viewing angle, Google also has excellent sunlight visibility.
Backlit hash keyboards have been added after the responsive touchpad, making productivity management more accessible than ever.
This Chromebook is one of the most popular gadgets for leisure enthusiasts, with two speakers with stereo effects. In addition to this, you can also get a 1080px webcam and a handy microphone.
Not only that, but PixelBook has also introduced top-notch security standards, including a Titan C chip for secure login.
From a structural innovation perspective, the device weighs 2.3 pounds and has a metallic feel. The magnesium alloy case has two USB Type-C slots and a great set of ports and connectivity options such as 2×2 MIMO compatibility and Wi-Fi 5 support.
Also, Google promises you to stay unplugged with 12 hours of battery backup. Experts were pleased with this statement.
If you want to go beyond your budget for your online and cloud-based business skills, consider buying the Windows operating system, which is feature-rich Google PixelBook. This laptop will give you the advantage of Chromebooks.
You must consider this Chromebook if you are interested in an excellent laptop without an optical drive.
- Reliable battery
- Titan C Security Chip
- Backlit hash keyboard
- Fast charging support
- Chrome operating system has specific restrictions on offline use.
9. Best Aesthetic Laptop: Asus VivoBook Pro 16X
- Discrete NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti - RTX Studio Ready
- Complimentary 3-month Adobe Creative Cloud subscription with the purchase. Learn more on ASUS website for more details
- Intuitive ASUS DialPad: Change brush size, saturation and more to streamline workflow. Function settings are customizable in ProArt Creator Hub, learn...
- 16” 4K (3840 x 2400) OLED 16:10 aspect ratio OLED Screen display with ultra-slim 4-sided NanoEdge bezels
If you’re looking for an indisputable all-inclusive budget laptop, the Asus VivoBook Pro 16X is worth considering.
Despite its low price, the VivoBook has a Latest AMD Ryzen 9 6900HX Mobile Processor. The optimized NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti graphics card has the lowest power consumption and can be adjusted to about 4.9GHz speed if needed.
This powerful chipset features a low TDP of 25W and dedicated NVIDIA graphics support for new online gaming.
The excellent multitasking range of 32GB LPDDR5 RAM makes it eye-catching. From a storage-centric point of view, you get the convenience of a larger 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 Performance SSD.
The high speed of NVMe modules allows Windows 11 Home Edition to quickly load operating systems and other demanding applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and AutoCAD.
The screen-to-chassis ratio of the NanoEdge display is close to 88%. However, the color display’s overall resolution that accompanies the 16-inch screen is 4K (3840 x 2400) OLED pixels.
When it comes to keyboard quality, ASUS quality is better than other products. You can use a full-size keyboard with a backlit stand and 1.4mm key travel.
Also, it features a Harman Kardon speaker, a touch fingerprint scanner, and a touchpad that is as smooth as possible. The combination of an inexpensive microphone and webcam meets various professionals’ and leisure travelers’ needs to be met.
This device weighs about 2.6 pounds and fits almost all standard connected devices in this book. This laptop has USB Type-C 1st Generation, HDMI, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi 6, and more. ASUS promises to provide a spare battery for more than 12 hours and supports fast charging as well.
In my opinion, this is one of the best laptops with no optical drive at a low price. Overall, this device has all the productivity, portability, and performance goals you need at a competitive price.
- Latest generation processor
- Metal coated chassis
- Fast charging support
- Wi-Fi 6
- Innovative keyboard
- Fingerprint sensor
- It does not support Thunderbolt 3
Which one is the best laptop without Optical Drive?
The Dell Inspiron 17 is the best laptop without Optical Drive that has worked in a few years, and the 2023 model is by far the best. A few years ago, Dell’s edge-to-edge monitors became popular, with the lower bezel removed and lifted.
The effect is fascinating. Most importantly, the XPS 13 is the smallest chassis for the thin, lightweight series, offering faster performance and longer battery life.
If you don’t want to spend too much money, buy HP Envy 13. It may differ from the premium of the Dell Inspiron 17 or a similar product, the HP Spectre x360, but it costs $1000 and it can improve performance.
Apple fans and those who prefer macOS to Windows 11 should probably opt for the MacBook Air. It ultimately has a great keyboard.
Other top laptops worth considering include the HP mentioned above Specter x360 or its competitor, the Lenovo Yoga 9i.
Lenovo has closed its commercial market on the ThinkPad X1 Titanium Yoga and ThinkPad X1 Yoga, despite HP’s grave demands on the new elite dragonfly.
Best Laptops without Optical Drive – Recommended Specs
|Processor||13th Generation Intel Core i5|
|Display||15.6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080)|
|Weight||Under 6 lbs.|
|Battery||Up to 6 Hours|
|OS||Windows 11 Home 64-bit|
FAQs on Best Laptops Without Optical Drive
What is an Optical Drive?
An optical disc drive is a computer system that allows users to use DVD, CD, and Blu-ray disc drives. The unit consists of a lens that projects electromagnetic waves, which read and write data on the optical disc.
Optical disk drives are an integral part of electronic devices (VCD players, CD players, Blu-ray players, DVD players, etc.) and certain video game consoles (Microsoft Xbox One, Sony PlayStation 2, 3, 4, Nintendo UU, etc.)
What does no optical drive mean?
There are many reasons to abandon your new laptop today.
1-Currently, most music, movies, and computer software are distributed to consumers via the internet rather than discs, so young consumers without an optical media library do not need a CD drive at all.
2-Cheap external USB hard drives and online storage services (such as Google Drive and iCloud) make your computer easy and convenient to use without dealing with a large number of blank disks.
3-Social media sites like Facebook and Instagram easily share photos and other files with friends and unsubscribe quickly and cheaply.
4-Bypassing an optical drive allows computer manufacturers to manufacture laptops that are smaller, lighter, and cheaper than what is included in the drive.
Do you need an optical drive?
For a long time, readable and writable CDs, DVDs, and, in some cases, Blu-ray disc drives have been an essential part of the PC space. But now we don’t need it.
I haven’t received any software on disk for several years, so I have to study a lot of software at work. I downloaded them all from the internet. Today, most users download and stream music and movies instead of buying luxury 5-inch discs.
Do you need an optical drive to install Windows 10?
The Windows 10 installation disc itself is a bootable disc used to run and install the operating system. However, for example, you can copy the “Windows 10 installation disc” as an ISO image (via software) and use Rufus to create a bootable flash drive.
Alternatively, you can download Windows 10 directly to your flash drive through Microsoft.
So, you don’t need an optical drive to install Windows 10.
Why choose a laptop or an ultrabook without an optical drive?
The Ultrabook has no optical drive, so it is a very thin, stylish, and energy-efficient laptop. They represent unmatched portability and have the right balance between power, performance, and price.
Most Ultrabooks also have a good battery and can be used in the stadium for 8-12 hours.
Best Laptops Without Optical Drive in 2023- Reviews
Final thoughts: Best Laptops Without Optical Drive
So finally we have got the Top 9 best laptops without an optical drive. You can choose one of them wisely. They are perfect for you.
If you want to buy a thin and light laptop, portability is one of your top priorities. However, if you are familiar with your tastes, we recommend only the best laptops.
- If you’re looking for a full version that’s stylish yet supports intermediate-level games and professional features, the Dell Inspiron 7000 or HP Pavilion x360 is for you.
- If you want to add a set of ports to your laptop without affecting its aesthetics, you can consider using a MacBook Pro M2.
- Finally, If you have a limited budget but are also focused on aesthetics and longer battery life. In that case, the Lenovo Yoga 7i Ultrabook is our recommendation.
Read also: Best Laptop For Cricut Maker 3