If you are in a hurry, pick our expert’s best choice the newest HP Spectre X360 with MPP2.0 Tilt Pen.
In this article, we have enlisted the best laptops for tattoo artists for 2023 that will be able to fuel your endeavors without breaking into a sweat.
Making a great tattoo design is like striking gold for a lot of people. It’s incredible when people can find precisely what they want, but this is happening far less often than it used to.
The web is so humid with generic artwork that people just can’t appear to pinpoint the quality designs out there. This is why you need this article as a tattoo artist, to help you locate the truly superb laptop you need.
Utilizing a computerized device, a tattoo artist can make gorgeous tattoo designs easily without stressing the mind. This will give you the advantage of the “Undo / Redo” feature and save you plenty of time.
When it comes to finding the best laptops for tattoo artists in 2023, there are lots of options to choose from, and you have to work hard for them. But we have done it for you.
We were amazed when we got to know no one talks about it. We were even thinking of writing a review article for tattoo artists to select a laptop a time ago. But this time, there is no excuse for us as many readers have asked about it.
We have spent many hours and days of research searching and gathering information on the best laptop for tattoo artists, we have done the hard work so you don’t have to do stress yourself.
Finding the ideal laptop to meet your needs can be a daunting task in the sea of laptops, and we have tried to free you from this issue.
Whether it’s a tablet or a laptop, this article describes everything you need to know before choosing the best tattoo design device.
There are three main ways to work digitally that’s, 2in1 touch screen laptop, which is a combination of a standard laptop and display drawing tablet (on-screen), a variety of traditional laptops, and a non-display drawing tablet (flat)
In this case, a standard laptop means enough processing power to handle graphic design applications. However, if you don’t have a touch screen, you’ll be using a drawing tablet.
Let’s talk about laptop requirements.
Top 9 Best Laptops for Tattoo Artists in 2023 [Recommended]
Before making this list, we interviewed 47 digital tattoo artists who spent hours drawing on laptops, tested some specifications using 37 high-end drawing software, and investigated 52 models. We don’t want to brag, but we make sure that this guide is based on a high level of research.
1. Best Versatile Laptop: HP ENVY X360
- 12th Gen Intel Core i7-1255U Processor @ 2.10GHz (10 Cores, 12 Threads, 12M Cache, up to 4.70 GHz).
- Display: 15.6-inch diagonal, FHD (1920 x 1080), multitouch-enabled, IPS, edge-to-edge glass, micro-edge, 400 nits, 100% sRGB; Graphics: Intel Iris...
- RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 MHz Memory; Hard Drive: 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD.
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth combo (Supporting Gigabit data rate). Ports: 2 Thunderbolt 4 with USB4 Type-C 40Gbps signaling rate (USB Power...
Are you looking for an affordable laptop for a tattoo design? If yes, then this HP ENVY X360 is for you. You can’t take advantage of robust programs like Photoshop or CorelDraw, but you still have many design opportunities.
Many laptops and Chromebooks are designed to be used for online applications. They can be drawn using some programs such as Google Canvas and PixlrEditor. Also, you can use Android apps that are compatible with the Play Store.
This HP ENVY X360 has the latest 12th Gen Intel Core i7 processor up to 4.70 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, the latest 16GB DDR4-3200 MHz RAM, and 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD storage, which can handle your all tattoo design work.
The HP ENVY X360 features a 15.6″-inch high-resolution display for on-the-go work. Also, the variable design will allow you to use it in tablet and laptop modes.
The HP ENVY X360 is an excellent Convertible laptop for use with the Wacom EMR stylus. The EMR pen does not need to be recharged, and you can use it at any time.
You can use any drawing application to devise a new tattoo design with this laptop and show it to your customers directly.
Battery life is a factor, which makes this device best for the tattoo artist. This device has Up to 9 hours and 15 minutes of battery life, which is quite impressive.
This HP ENVY X360 is an excellent and gorgeous laptop for tattoo design and personal style. But at an affordable price, the HP ENVY X360 offers many powerful features, making it the best laptop for tattoo design.
- This laptop ensures fast performance.
- The touchscreen is super responsive.
- An affordable 2-in-1 laptop
- Wacom EMR stylus included.
- High-quality HD touchscreen display
- It provides a long-lasting battery life. up to 9 hours+
- Comfy keyboard, Modest audio system
- Easy-to-lose stylus.
- No optical drive
2. Best Performative Laptop: ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo 15
- Complimentary 3-month Adobe Creative Cloud subscription with the purchase. Learn more on ASUS website for more details
- ScreenPad Plus: 14 inch 4K matte touchscreen, giving your endless way to optimize your multitasking experience by extending the screen or split...
- 15.6 inch OLED 4K (3840 x 2160) NanoEdge touch screen glossy main display
- 12th generation Intel Core i9-12900H Processor and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU with 6GB VRAM – NVIDIA Studio Ready
ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 15 is the best laptop that is highly recommended for tattoo artists and painters.
For professional tattoo artists, this best laptop is a dream. It can be counted as a cheap laptop with an artist’s touch screen.
This amazing laptop for art students has the Latest Intel Core i9-12900H processor with dedicated NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060, and 6GB GDDR6 graphics.
ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo 15 has 32GB RAM, 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD (SSD is 15 times faster than HDD), Innovative Screenpad Plus, and Windows 10 Home for better and more reliable performance.
This laptop has a 15.6-inch FHD NanoEdge Bezel Touch Display and a 12.6-inch matte touchscreen. This additional screen allows you to open more windows efficiently.
The graphics on this affordable laptop are great for artists using a touch screen and this device can handle the most demanding programs.
This portable laptop has a built-in infrared (IR ) camera that is ideal for drawing and animation for face recognition, perfect for optimizing your cooling system and improving audio performance.
The most amazing thing about this laptop is that 78% of customers give this pencil sketch laptop a 5-star rating.
Best Usage: This ASUS has an efficient touchscreen, which makes this laptop best for tattoo Artists.
- Most Powerful, Custom cooling system
- Unique ScreenPad Plus second display simplifies workflows.
- Two beautiful touchscreen displays
- Dual-screen functionality easy to use
- Excellent design and build quality.
- Equipped with Intel Core i7 and Intel UHD Graphics 620
- Included stylus and wrist rest.
- No SD card slot
3. Best Functional Laptop: HP Specter x360
- 【High Speed RAM And Enormous Space】16GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once; 512GB PCIe NVME M.2...
- 【Processor】Intel Evo platform 12th Generation Core i7-12700H (8 Efficient-cores, 6 Performance-cores, 20 Threads, 24MB Intel Smart Cache, Base...
- 【Dazzling Display】16-inch diagonal, 3K+ (3072 x 1920), multitouch-enabled, IPS, edge-to-edge glass, micro-edge, antireflection Corning Gorilla...
- 【Tech Specs】2 x Thunderbolt 4 with USB4 Type-C, 1 x SuperSpeed USB Type-A, 1 x HDMI 2.1, 1 x Headphone/Microphone combo, 1 x AC Smart Pin, 1 x...
The HP Specter x360 is one of the most popular laptops for professional tattoo artists due to its portable design and touch screen for easy note-taking and drawing.
Also, the HP Specter x360 has excellent performance with the 12th generation Intel i7-12700H processor, the Latest 16GB high-bandwidth DDR4 RAM, and fast 512GB PCIe NVME M.2 SSD storage. You can also use its powerful hardware to perform uninterrupted multitasking.
HP Specter x360 has a nice IPS panel display. Therefore, the viewing angle and color accuracy are quite impressive, which are essential graphic design functions. The screen has a micro bezel an HD Active Stylus MPP2.0 Tilt Pen Included and Thunderbolt Support.
This HP also has an Active stylus included in the package, so you do not need to purchase the stylus separately.
The best thing about this machine is that it offers the latest Thunderbolt 3 ports, supporting the fastest data transfer rates, high-resolution screen output, and charging.
In terms of design and durability, this friend will not surprise you. This device is made of aluminum metal, has a dark gray color, and looks very professional.
If you’re a tattoo designer and looking for a mid-range laptop with incredible performance, ease of use, and an excellent quality touchscreen, the HP Specter x360 could be an ideal choice.
Overall, this range of HP is the best laptop for tattoo designing.
- Attractive color-precision IPS display with micro-edges.
- Lightweight and portable
- Best MPP2.0 Tilt Pen
- Intel Core i7 and 16GB RAM guarantee stable performance.
- Excellent battery efficiency
- Professional design
- Latest Thunderbolt 3 ports and lots of sensors
- It doesn’t come with a USB-A port.
4. Best Budget-Friendly Laptop: Lenovo Flex 5i
- Engineered with narrow bezels on four sides, the 15 inch IdeaPad Flex 5 (5i) looks stylish and contemporary. The 360 degree hinge allows 'Laptop' mode...
- 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 Memory (Soldered); 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD; 11th Generation Intel Quad-Core i7-1165G7 Processor (2.80GHz, up to 4.70GHz with Turbo...
- 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS, Glossy, Multi-Touch, 250 nits; Integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics functions as UHD Graphics - Expandable to one monitor...
- 2 x USB-A 3.2 Gen 1 (1 Always On), 1 x USB-C 3.2 Gen 1 (support data transfer and Power Delivery), 1 x HDMI 1.4b, 1 x 4-in-1 card reader, 1 x...
Lenovo Flex 5i is the best budget laptop for a Tattoo Artist. If you are a convertible laptop lover, then the Lenovo Flex 5i is a perfect choice for you.
Furthermore, you will also get a touch screen, a decent processor, and other hardware that can ease your life.
For better performance, Lenovo has provided the 11th Generation Intel Quad-Core i7-1165G7 processor. Intel Quad-Core i7 processor is Intel’s excellent processor and is also the reason for handling everyday activities.
Graphics include the Intel Iris Xe Graphics functions as UHD Graphics. It is suitable for graphics-rich applications’ daily processing. You can also play midrange games smoothly.
You can perform multitasking with 16GB RAM, which is very good.
For storage, this laptop has a 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD drive. Although a cheap laptop, Lenovo integrates an ultra-fast solid-state drive that plays a crucial role in improving this laptop’s performance.
This laptop has a 15.6-inch high-definition Full HD screen with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. You will get the job done efficiently with a Full HD display. The maximum brightness is 250 knit, and it’s perfect—ideal for working indoors and outdoors.
With a touch screen, you are fully available to work with tattoo illustrations and designs. The best thing about this laptop’s touchscreen is that you will never face any lag on it.
Its Other great features include a physical privacy shutter on the HD 720p web camera, it’s best for your physical privacy.
Battery life is one of the most significant selling points of the Lenovo Flex 5i. With heavy use, 10 hours of battery life is excellent.
Besides, with the help of fast charging technology, you can easily and quickly deliver up to 80% battery power to your laptop within one hour.
In terms of connectivity, Lenovo Flex 5i has multiple options available. There is a USB Type-C port, USB 3.1 Type-A port, HDMI port, and audio jack.
This laptop also supports Bluetooth and Wi-Fi 5 (802.11 ac) connections.
Overall, the Lenovo Flex 5i is an inexpensive two-in-one best-budget laptop for tattoo designing. You can design tattoos on this one without spending a lot of time on your laptop, making it an attractive option.
- Large Full HD display with full stylus
- Excellent performance
- Convertible with a 360-degree hinge
- Sufficient battery life
- Beautiful narrow border design
- This laptop is super lightweight and easy to carry.
- It provides sufficient storage to its users.
- It has a very responsive touchscreen.
- It provides the moderate-quality built-in speakers
5. Best Affordable Laptop: Acer ConceptD 3
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 5.0 GHz) with Windows 10 Home
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with 4 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM; Studio Laptop
- 14.0" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS Corning Gorilla Glass 5 anti-glare display with integrated touch and stylus support; Pantone...
- 16GB On-Board DDR4 Memory; 512GB M.2 PCIe SSD
The Acer ConceptD 3 has an Intel Core i7 processor. But, the i5 processor model is also available for tattoo artists.
Concept D is a fashionable company for tattoo artists that values appearance as well as functionality. No matter what other trends may be occurring elsewhere, the updated setup ensures that all of their designs are current and makes them magnificent in terms of design.
with a 6-core, 2.6GHz, 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H processor This laptop has a processing speed of up to 5.0 GHz, so it can easily handle whatever software you throw at it!
Utilizing your new device is a snap thanks to the numerous capabilities that the Windows 10 Home operating system offers customers that are not present on other platforms, such as Adobe Creative Cloud Suite or Microsoft Office 365, for instance.
The Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Max-Q GPU is the most remarkable of Acer ConceptD’s novel features.
This GPU features 4 GigaBytes of GDDR6 VRAM for stunning images on a 1080p display screen and was made specifically for laptop use.
A 16GB DDR4 onboard memory is available in the Acer ConceptD 3. The ConceptD 3 laptop from Acer is a gorgeous and solid device with ample storage to carry all of your stuff.
It includes 512GB of M.2 PCIe SSD as standard, and it can handle up to 2TB for even more storage! However, upgrading it is not advised.
The brand-new Acer concept laptop has a vivid 14.0″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) touchscreen with LED backlighting and an IPS anti-glare display. It is also equipped with an Intel Core i7 processor.
The glossy panel’s 400 nit brightness makes it suitable for outdoor use, and 100% sRGB color gamut coverage ensures that you can fully appreciate the vibrant colors on this screen when watching your favorite photos or videos. You’ll never run out of colorful material because it also supports Acer ColorBlast Technology!
The touchscreen display also enables users to experience an updated level of the creative process that is tailored specifically for their line of work: tattoo artists adore it because it allows them to use their skills more freely without having to struggle as much to navigate on screen as they did in the past!
The switch-style keyboard on this device, one of its more recent additions, gives typing on it the sense of using a laptop.
This makes for an ideal design that is ideal for individuals who want something light but still durable enough to stand up to stains from markers or coffee spills without being too seriously damaged! It also has a 1.55mm key travel distance and is 20% less in weight! So certainly, a tattoo artist’s preferred laptop.
The Acer ConceptD 3 has amazing features, which makes it the best tattoo-designing laptop.
- Large IPS full HD display, multi-touch support
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7 Processor
- PCIe SSD provides faster performance
- 360-degree convertible design, versatile
- Robust exterior design and gorgeous appearance
- Impressive battery life
- A little heavy
6. Best Tablet Laptop: Microsoft Surface Pro 8
- The power of a laptop with the flexibility of a tablet, and every angle in between, with 13” touchscreen, iconic built-in Kickstand, and detachable...
- Windows 11 brings your closer to what you love. Family, friends, obsessions, music, creations — Windows 11 is the one place for it all. With a fresh...
- The first Surface Pro built on the Intel Evo platform. Do it all with the Intel Evo platform — performance, graphics, and battery life in a thin and...
- The best pen experience on Pro with rechargeable Surface Slim Pen 2 and Surface Pro 8, for the natural feeling of pen on paper,(4) securely stored in...
Our editorial choice for choosing the best laptop for a tattoo artist is Microsoft Surface Pro 8. This device is Microsoft’s flagship project and brings many great features to professionals such as tattoo artists.
By separating the keyboard from your laptop, you will have a fully functional tablet that’s perfect for tattoo designing.
Surface Pro 8 is powered by the 12th generation Intel Core i7 processor. This processor has a maximum clock speed of 4.8 GHz, which is quite impressive, and can easily handle heavy workloads.
This Surface Pro model doesn’t have a dedicated graphics card; still, Intel-Iris Graphics can efficiently handle graphics-intensive applications. But if you’re a gamer, then you won’t face any problems also.
The memory division of this laptop has 16GB DDR4 RAM. For tattoo artists, this is a vast amount of RAM and should be minimized for effective performance.
If you use heavy software and many layers, then you have to choose more memory.
In terms of storage, this device has a 512GB SSD. This solid-state drive has excellent speed and efficiently compresses the processor and memory. SSDs boot the operating system in seconds and improve performance every time you use your laptop.
This device has a 13-inch touch screen with pixel-sensing resolution. This resolution consists of 3200 x 1800 pixels, which is amazing for a 12.3-inch screen.
The pixel density on the screen is very different from the graphics’ pixel density, resulting in more explicit images and text.
Due to excellent image quality, you can also enjoy TV shows and movies on this screen. Whether it’s Netflix or Prime Video, there’s a lot of fun for you.
The touch screen on this display is responsive and has not any delay in the active stylus pen. An active stylus pen means that drawing on this laptop is as good as drawing on a professional Wacom Tablet.
The Surface Pro 8 weighs only 1.7 pounds and is one of the most portable laptops today. You can put this laptop in your bag and travel with it without the feeling of carrying anything.
This laptop has excellent battery life even with a high-resolution screen, which is fantastic. With a small amount of use, you can get a battery life of about 10.5 hours, which is very good.
Even if you keep working on making tattoos, you can get 6-8 hours of battery life. This is great.
Overall, the Microsoft Surface Pro 8 is an outstanding laptop that can be converted to a tablet, providing an internal user interface for tattoo design.
This convertible design makes it the best laptop for tattoo professionals in 2023.
- Faster Intel “Ice Lake” 12th Gen CPU
- Robust battery life of up to 10.5 hours
- Well-implemented kickstand
- It magnificent display and includes USB-C
- Best keyboard cover for a tablet
- Solid build, sharp display, now with Wi-Fi 6
- Keyboard sold separately
- No Thunderbolt support (It’s not necessary for you)
7. Best from DELL: Dell XPS 17
- 17.0-inch UHD plus (3840 x 2400) InfinityEdge Touch Anti-Reflecitve 500-Nit Display
- 12th Generation Intel Core i7-12700H (24MB Cache, up to 4.7 GHz, 14 cores)
- 16GB 4800MHz DDR5, Dual-channel; 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 4GB GDDR6
Due to its power and design, the Dell XPS 17 is one of the most popular laptops among professional tattoo artists and students. It provides a complete tablet mode for working independently.
The best thing about Surface Pro is that it has many configurations, and you can choose from the newest 12th Generation Intel Core i7-12700H (24MB Cache, up to 4.7 GHz, 14 cores) processor, the fastest 16GB DDR5 4800MHz RAM, and also latest 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive storage.
However, we only recommend 12th Gen Intel Core i7 models with 16GB RAM and 256GB SSD, perfect for tattoo designs.
The Dell XPS series does not provide information about performance, durability, or battery life. However, the Dell XPS 17 does not offer a dedicated GPU. So if you like more complex games and graphics, you can also opt for Surface Book 2.
Dell XPS 17 not only has dedicated graphics NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 4GB GDDR6 GPU but also offers top-notch performance. Plus, if you’re looking for a more prominent display, you can use the 17-inch Dell XPS 17 model.
In terms of screen resolution, battery life, and performance, the Dell XPS 17 is far superior to the 17-inch. But the price is much higher.
Ultimately, it depends on your needs. Dell XPS 17 excels at graphics and graphics editing but is vulnerable to Dell XPS 15 because it doesn’t have a dedicated GPU.
The Dell XPS 17 screen size is 17 inches, and the resolution is UHD+ (3840 x 2400) pixels. The image quality is amazing, and the colors are accurate on this laptop.
This Dell XPS 17 is one of the best Windows laptops for tattoo artists.
- Latest & Powerful 12th Gen processor
- Fastest DDR5 Ram
- Providing multiple configurations
- Metal-integrated design, long life
- Ideal for memos and drawings in tablet mode
- Excellent battery life
- High-quality display with high resolution and bright colors
- Little expensive
8. Best Chromebook 2in1: Samsung Chromebook
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- Crystal clarity. Vivid color: Experience superior picture quality and fully expansive color, contrast and depth with the 4K AMOLED touchscreen display...
- Split-second productivity: Boot up in as fast as 6 seconds and hit the ground running. Get ample storage with 256GB SSD and work, play and multitask...
- Stroke of genius: Take notes, sketch ideas and edit documents easily and accurately with the built-in pen that fits seamlessly into Galaxy...
Samsung Chromebook Plus is the best laptop for tattoo designers due to its powerful hardware configuration and high-quality convertible design.
From Samsung Chromebook Plus, you can get an Intel Core i5 processor with 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD storage space from a performance standpoint.
The above specifications are enough to perform everyday tasks such as reading emails and browsing the web simultaneously.
This Samsung Chromebook has a 13.3-inch display with a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels. This resolution is surprisingly crisp and can produce vibrant colors.
With the included stylus, it can also be used as a tablet, so you can draw and take notes directly on the screen.
This laptop has an aluminum body that looks beautiful and has excellent durability. The rounded corner design gives a high-quality feel with a smooth surface and an ultra-thin frame.
Plus, you can move your stylus around the laptop’s body to stay comfortable, just like a Samsung smartphone.
This laptop has 10 hours of battery life, which is amazing.
The most powerful Samsung Chromebook Plus is the best laptop for a tattoo designer.
- Sufficient battery life
- Beautiful, durable metal design
- It can be used as a tablet or laptop
- Excellent performance with 3840 x 2160 resolutions
- Average Performance
9. Best from Apple: Apple iPad Pro
- WHY IPAD PRO — iPad Pro is the ultimate iPad experience, with the astonishing performance of the M2 chip, superfast Wi-Fi and 5G, and...
- IPADOS + APPS — iPadOS makes iPad more productive, intuitive, and versatile. With iPadOS, run multiple apps at once, use Apple Pencil to write in...
- FAST WI-FI AND 5G CELLULAR CONNECTIVITY — Wi-Fi 6E gives you fast wireless connections for quick transfers of photos, documents, and large video...
- PERFORMANCE AND STORAGE — The 8-core CPU in the M2 chip delivers powerful performance, while the 10‑core GPU provides blazing-fast graphics. Add...
We know we’re talking about laptops, but this is an exception you should see.
Apple’s best device for tattoo artists is the new Apple iPad Pro 12.9.
iPad Pro provides the best user experience for tattoo artists, including laptops. If you have an Apple Pencil, you can design tattoos with the best hardware.
The performance of tattoo designing on the iPad is extraordinary. A 12.9-inch frame can bring a special touch effect to the LCD screen, with promotions, realistic tones, and a wide range of colors.
This iPad has one of the brightest displays, with a maximum brightness of 600 knits. With perfect tone technology, the colors on display are enthusiastic and vibrant. You will get the ideal tattoo perspective, very suitable for tattoo designing.
This laptop’s screen is excellent, which allows you to draw directly on the screen without facing any lag. If you’re a creative person, then Apple Pencil will help you create beautiful photos and tattoos.
Here an important question arises, do I need to purchase an Apple Pencil separately?
Yes, it will give you many benefits when designing creatively.
The iPad Pro is as powerful as a high-performance laptop. This Apple has an M2 chip with an 8-core CPU and 10-core GPU with a neural engine; it has proven to be one of the most powerful mobile processors.
This processor will easily handle launched applications and will provide the best performance on your tablet.
Apple didn’t reveal RAM’s amount in the storage sector, but the iPad’s storage management is excellent.
This new iPad Pro has similar memory management capabilities, which means many applications are often kept in memory without being updated.
Another good thing is the iPad Pro, which can be used as a rear camera. There are 12MP wide cameras and 10MP UV cameras.
In addition to these camera modules, you can also get significant scanners that play an essential role in augmented reality.
With a high-quality camera, you can take a picture of your design and process it as needed. You can quickly view an image of your client’s status without having to search for your phone.
iPad Pro has the best battery life available on laptop devices. Regular use of the iPad Pro lasts about 12 hours, which is amazing. Even when designing, painting, and tattoos, the iPad Pro lasts 6-8 hours, which is impressive.
In terms of connectivity, iPad Pro has Wi-Fi 6 and can provide ultra-fast internet speeds. It also has a USB Type-C port, allowing you to connect external devices directly to your iPad.
Overall, the iPad Pro is not an ordinary laptop.
It can still replace a tattoo artist’s laptop, as it is one of the best tablet computers for tattoo designing.
- Face recognition
- Outstanding performance
- This Apple has no major cons.
10. Best Multi-Purpose Laptop: LG Gram
- Featuring an ultra-lightweight body and 80 Watt-hour battery, the LG gram lets you quickly switch between a laptop and tablet with a 16-inch 16:10...
- Make your visions come to life with and a bold DCI-P3 99% color gamut to add a realistic touch to graphics; Intel Evo Platform Powered by 12th Gen...
- PCIe4 M.2 NVMe SSD with 512GB of storage has the power to run multiple large applications and save important documents with ease. 16GB LPDDR5 RAM with...
- Full HD IR Webcam helps you stay connected, with build-in AI sound technology to filter out unwanted background noise. Skip passwords and save time by...
The LG Gram is a new member of the LG Gram family, offering a 16-inch touch screen with a Full HD IPS panel. It has some genetic features, such as longer battery life and a lighter body.
Are you now thinking of this laptop’s performance?
You don’t have to worry about it either. It is equipped with the latest Intel 12th Generation Intel Core i5 CPU processor, 16GB memory, and PCIe4 M.2 NVMe SSD with 512GB SSD storage. Even if you have multiple applications, there is no delay in your design work.
If you’re not familiar with the LG Gram series, you’ll be amazed at its features. According to Mobile Mark Standard 2023, this compact Ultrabook offers 20.5 hours of battery life and weighs only 3.26 pounds.
The design is variable and can be used with rugged laptops in tablet mode. LG also offers the designer’s favorite device, the Wacom pen.
The price of this machine is so high that many users may not be able to purchase it.
Apart from that, this machine is one of the best ultrabooks for tattoo artists, with the most extended battery life and powerful performance.
LG Gram is the king of battery-life laptops, making it the best tattoo-designing laptop for a tattoo artist.
- Highly responsive Full HD touch screen with Wacom stylus
- Two-in-one design, versatile
- Perfect performance
- Battery time will be longer
- Abundant connection options
- Lightweight and portable design
- A little Pricey
What to look for when choosing the best laptop for your tattoo design?
Without a doubt, the display is one of the essential features to look for in a tattoo design laptop. However, we strongly recommend using a laptop with an IPS display with a wide viewing angle and no color difference while working.
Yes, if you don’t use a graphics tablet, you need a touch screen. You can work quickly and efficiently with a touch screen.
Please remember, that you also need to pay attention to the form factor of your laptop. If you don’t have a convertible, two-in-one, or removable design laptop, there is no need for a touch screen.
Think about how to use an “L” shaped laptop with a stylus-absolutely not possible!
The next thing to consider on your laptop display is the resolution.
The screen resolution defines the width or sharpness of an image and also reflects your work. Therefore, you need to record a Full HD screen to get the ideal graphic quality.
If you like very intricate designs, you should also consider using a higher-resolution laptop. But you have to pay more money for it.
As mentioned above, laptop design is also important. Detachable laptops are recommended for tattoo designer professionals as they can use their devices on the go.
The only problem with convertible laptops is that they are heavy because the keyboard is always connected.
However, there is no problem when working with the drafting board in the desktop settings.
Whether you’re drawing the latest tattoo designs on your couch in lazy mode or thinking quickly about your design on the go, you need a laptop with a long battery life. The laptop, which has 8 hours of battery life, is best for tattoo artists.
Battery life also depends on screen quality and performance. If you choose a powerful, high-resolution laptop, you won’t get long battery life.
You don’t need to worry about that because the laptop or tablet we selected in this article has a large battery backup.
From a performance perspective, processors, memory, graphics, and storage are the laptop’s main pillars. The minimum i5 processor is required for graphic work and tattoo design, which allows you to multitask.
But we strongly recommend choosing an Intel Core i7 processor for a better work experience, if you have enough budget.
In terms of memory (RAM), we recommend at least 8GB of RAM for tattoo artists. You can also consider 16GB of RAM to experience smooth laptop performance during multiple tasking as memory isn’t expensive nowadays.
For tattoo designing, you always need to run a graphical application; that’s why we recommend choosing a laptop with a built-in graphic card.
You would not need a high-end graphics card; a cheap card can also do this job. It’s no wonder that some processors’ onboard memory can handle this workload, but investing in a discrete GPU is the best choice.
Now let’s talk about storage.
Today, SSDs are top-rated because they offer faster data transfer rates. Also, they are durable, light, and consume less energy.
If you choose a thin and light laptop, there are possibilities it has a solid-state drive inside.
However, SSDs are still more expensive than traditional HDDs.
If you need fast and ample storage space on a tight budget, we highly recommend purchasing an SSHD drive for your laptop.
Let’s talk about the most important question how many options do we bring for you?
We need to dive into the list of perfect laptops for tattoo design without wasting time answering the above question.
Best Laptops For Tattoo Artists – Recommended Specs
|Processor||12th Generation Intel Core i7|
|Display||15.6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080)|
|Weight||Under 6 lbs.|
|Battery||Up to 6 Hours|
|Pen||included or separate|
|OS||Windows 11, 64-bit|
FAQs of Best Laptops for a Tattoo Artist
What is the best laptop for a Tattoo Artist?
The best laptop for a tattoo artist is the HP Specter x360-13t nowadays.
What laptops do tattoo artists use?
Tattoo artists use touchscreen laptops with stylus pens.
What software do tattoo artists use?
What does a beginner tattoo artist need?
Your tattoo supplies should always include needles, tubes, nibs and grips, inks, machines, and stencil products. A laptop or iPad and power supplies are also important to get a good start. A proper tattoo kit can start by creating an exquisite piece that will please your clients.
Can you draw with a touchscreen laptop?
Keep in mind that the surface you drag on a touchscreen laptop is above most laptops’ actual screen, causing delays and scrolling in your drawings. It is more fragile than tablets and graphic tablets because it damages the screen when used widely.
Best Laptops for Tattoo Artists in 2023 – Reviews
Conclusion: Best Laptops for Tattoo Artists
Finally, when choosing the best laptops for tattoo artists, there are many factors to consider for professional artists and passionate painting enthusiasts.
You have to consider a powerful and fast CPU, good GPU, high-speed RAM and storage space, long battery life, and display quality when looking for a laptop.
The laptops listed above are perfect for selecting, drawing, painting, and working with artists looking for laptops on a particular budget.
- After careful consideration of details and customers’ essential comments, the remaining two laptops are Microsoft Surface Pro 8 and HP Spectre x360.
- Also, if you have a limited budget but need resource tools, we recommend using Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5i. The device is equipped with an AMD processor and has ample RAM and storage capacity.
The drawing notebooks have a powerful display screen. They are famous for more extensive updates to older versions and settings related to amateur drawing enthusiasts and professional digital artists.
Please read each laptop’s description above carefully to make a well-informed decision when purchasing a drawing laptop.
- We believe the ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo 15 is the perfect laptop for your pen drawing. This stylus notebook computer features a 14-inch 2k display and a 12.6-inch matte touchscreen pad. For art professionals, this excellent laptop graphic is impressive.
- Therefore, the second HP ENVY x360 is the best laptop for the artist. This economical laptop features a 12th-generation Intel Core i7 processor for digital art. This laptop has a multi-touch screen with a widescreen LED backlight for digital art and gaming.
Furthermore, if anything is in mind comment below.