Cleaning your laptop and desktop will extend their lifespan.
Compared to desktop computers, laptop computers are more prone to corrosion and debris, dust, and food accumulate on the keyboard.
The reason is simple. Laptops are portable devices and spend most of their time next to them.
On the other hand, the desk stays in the same position for a long time but gets dirty over time.
So if you own a laptop and it has been in use for a long time, you have to clean your laptop.
Over a long period of time, grease from your fingers will form a residue on top of the keys on your keyboard.
Don’t worry guys, we are always here to help you.
This is a complete guide after cleaning your laptop case, screen, and keyboard and splitting it into three parts.
If your machine is too dirty to clean and you want to buy a new one, check out our article on how the best laptops look excellent for students and programmers.
Read more: How to Charge a Laptop in a Car?
Things to Consider Before Cleaning Your Laptop
Table of Contents
- Things to Consider Before Cleaning Your Laptop
- Part 1: Clean the laptop’s Case
- Part 2: Cleaning the Laptop Screen
- Part 3: Cleaning the laptop keyboard
- Method 1: Clean the keyboard
- Method 2: Remove the key
- How to Keep a Laptop Keyboard Clean?
- How to Clean Laptop Keyboard After Spill?
- Conclusion on how to clean laptop screen and keyboard safely
- Be sure to back up essential and sensitive data on your computer.
- Turn off your laptop completely. When finished, remove the battery.
- If your laptop is connected to a power source, unplug it.
- Remove all USB drives or memory cards attached to your laptop.
- Make sure you have enough time to clean the laptop case, screen, and keyboard.
- Don’t worry! Please be patient at all times. The damaged keyboard on the desk can be replaced. However, if the keyboard is accidentally damaged, this can be a big problem.
- We are not responsible for any spills of liquid on your laptop or damage to your computer. There is no room for error.
Part 1: Clean the laptop’s Case
This guide to cleaning your laptop begins with cleaning the casing of your laptop. First, collect detergent, lint-free cloth, household sponges, cotton swabs, and water. After collection, follow the steps below.
- First, make sure you have considered all of the above considerations.
- Next, mix 5 parts of water and 1 part of dishwasher detergent.
Important Note: Do not use ammonia or bleach. Other detergents that contain strong chemicals can prevent the laptop from leaking liquids. This can damage your Laptop.
- Soak the sponge in the cleaning solution until it dries.
- Now start cleaning the laptop casing. Do not remove the laptop screen or keyboard. I will clean it later.
- To clean the touch screen, you can use a cotton swab and a sponge at the same time. You can use a standard cotton swab. We recommend using a medical cotton swab.
- Do not insert cotton swabs into connectors, ports, or holes.
- When finished, clean the shell again with a lint-free cloth.
- That’s it. You have cleaned the protective cover on your laptop.
Part 2: Cleaning the Laptop Screen
There are three most successful ways to clean your laptop screen.
You can continue to perform any operation or continue to perform all functions until you get results.
Users should not use ammonia or alcohol to clean the screen.
These chemicals can damage the LCD screen and reduce the readability of the LCD screen on your laptop.
Again, it’s a good idea to consider all of the above considerations.
• Use a wet sponge
Soak the sponge in water and leave the sponge outside until the water disperses. Make sure the sponge is dry. When you’re done, gently wipe the screen. Move slowly and carefully.
• Use a lint-free cloth
If you are frustrated by shaking your finger, use a lint-free cloth to clean your laptop’s LCD screen. In most cases, the keyboard will pollute the screen. They are more challenging to clean and even more challenging to avoid. LCD screens are very sensitive to liquids and can be annoying when close to liquids.
• Buy an LCD cleaning kit
The best way is to buy a specific LCD monitor cleaning kit. The cleaning kit includes a lint-free cloth, which is a package containing wet towels. Moisten this cloth with the official LCD monitor cleaning solution and other accessories.
Part 3: Cleaning the laptop keyboard
We have a lot of interplay with our laptop through the keys on our keyboard. As a result, keyboard keys gradually deteriorate over time.
If you don’t clean the keys on your keyboard regularly, you may find dust. Please do not worry. It offers the two best ways to effectively clean your keyboard.
As always, it’s a good idea to consider all of the above considerations.
Method 1: Clean the keyboard
- Turn your laptop upside-down. Shake or tap lightly. If the keyboard or dust bunny is hidden in a crack in the keyboard, they will be removed.
- Next, go to your nearest office or household goods store and spray the compressed air stream. Tilt the laptop keyboard to the side. Then spray briefly between the keys from one side of the keyboard to the other.
- Clean the keys with a lint-free or microfiber cloth. You can immerse the cloth in water, but be sure to drain the water completely before cleaning the keyboard. This process eliminates the confusion that occurs with laptop keyboards.
- You can use a clean cloth to kill the bacteria. If you catch a cold while using your laptop, or if you usually share your laptop with friends, you can wipe the keyboard with a sterile cloth. Be careful not to use the disinfectant spray on your computer as it contains water.
Method 2: Remove the key
- Go online and check if your laptop keyboard is closed. On the other hand, some laptops have permanent keys
- If the keyboard keys are badly malfunctioning or sticky/missing, you can continue to remove the keyboard from your laptop keyboard. Please note that the keycaps should be replaced with a small, fragile plastic tab.
- Click on your laptop keyboard before removing the keys. This way, you won’t get confused after a thorough cleaning.
- Then use a small flat tool to turn off the keyboard keys. Please pick it up slowly. Please do not use it forcibly. Will be damaged. Put the keyboard in a separate container to prevent loss.
- Next, use a microfiber cloth to clean the keys on the keyboard or a cotton swab soaked in alcohol. Leave a cotton swab in the alcohol and gently wipe off any dirt. Don’t rush to stay patient and cautious.
- After cleaning, each key can be placed in its place. Align the sides correctly, then gently press the key until it clicks into place. Please wait for a while to store all the keys. Do not use it forcibly. Will be damaged.
How to Keep a Laptop Keyboard Clean?
You can keep your keyboard clean longer by taking some precautions.
By following some basic rules, you can clean your keyboard every six months to one year instead of weekly. These steps are described below.
- Use keyboard protective film
Keyboard protective film can even reduce wear and prevent dust and debris from getting into your keyboard.
There is no need to clean the keyboard. Just drag the film and replace it with a new one.
- Wash your hands before using the laptop
Washing and cleaning your hands will help prevent finger stains and grease from contaminating your keys.
Therefore, hand washing is an easy but effective way to keep your keyboard clean.
- Pressing the key gently
Do not forcefully press the key. When forcefully pressed, the intima is damaged and worn. Don’t anger your keyboard.
- Stop drinking or eating on the keyboard
Snacks and biscuits can stiffen the keyboard. Spraying water or other liquids can cause permanent damage.
How to Clean Laptop Keyboard After Spill?
If you put something on the keyboard, don’t panic. Follow the steps below to avoid damage.
Step 1: Turn off your laptop and quickly drain the battery.
Unplug your laptop and press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to shut it down completely.
Removing the battery just before it comes in contact with liquids can prevent severe or permanent electronic component damage.
However, if you feel smoke or smoke from your laptop, do not stand up and touch it. It can cause an electric shock and a burning sensation.
Step 2: Take the towel and put the laptop in the opposite position
Place the towel on as flat a surface as possible, open the computer lid, and place it on the other side of the towel.
This allows the liquid to be absorbed by the towel before it reaches the motherboard.
Step 3: Wipe off the liquid on the surface with a cloth
Take any kind of cloth and wipe off any liquid found on the surface. Try to keep the distance between the two keys as close as possible.
Step 4: Remove the key and clean it with a cotton swab
The liquid should have reached the bottom of the key. Therefore, remove the key and use a cotton swab or broom to absorb all the liquid to reach every corner of the key.
Step 5: Allow the laptop to dry for 2 days.
Moisture may remain inside even after soaking all the liquid. The ignition can cause permanent damage and burning.
Therefore, let the laptop dry for 2 days. If there is a liquid, it will evaporate and can be safely reused.
Step 6: Professional cleaning may be required
You can remove a small amount of water by following these steps: Residues remain in the sugar solution even when it is dry.
In this case, you should choose professional cleaning to protect your laptop from permanent damage.
Step 7: Renew the battery.
After renewing the battery, your laptop will work properly. However, if it is undamaged or damaged, you can ask a specialist to repair it.
Conclusion on how to clean laptop screen and keyboard safely
If you have any queries or concerns while following or implementing the above guidelines, please do comment below. We will put our best to solve all your questions. Stay tuned for future updates.
1 thought on “How to Clean Laptop Screen and Keyboard Safely in 2023?”
Thanks for your great helpful article.
keep it up like this article.