To change the fan in your HP Envy x360:
- First, shut down your laptop and unplug it from any energy supply.
- Next, take away the underside case by unscrewing the Phillips head screws that safe it in place. With the underside case eliminated, find the fan meeting on the left aspect of the laptop computer.
- The fan is connected to the motherboard with 4 screws; two lengthy screws and two quick screws. Use a Phillips head screwdriver to take away these screws, being cautious not to lose them.
- Once all 4 screws are eliminated, fastidiously disconnect the fan cable from its connector on the motherboard.
- You can now take away the outdated fan and change it with a brand new one. To reassemble your laptop computer, merely reverse these steps.
- Unplug the facility wire out of your HP Envy x360 and take away the battery
- Flip over your laptop computer and find the six Phillips head screws that maintain down the underside case
- Use a Phillips head screwdriver to take away all six screws, then raise off the underside case
- Find the fan on the left side of the laptop close to the place the RAM is situated
- Disconnect the 2 wire connectors from the fan by gently pulling them out of their sockets
- Remove the 4 black Torx T5 screws that safe the fan to the laptop computer’s body utilizing a Torx T5 screwdriver 7
- Carefully raise up on the fan till it detaches from its housing 8
- Insert a brand new fan into the housing, lining up its screw holes with these in housing 9
- Replace and tighten the 4 black Torx T5 screws you eliminated earlier 10 Reconnect each wire connectors to their sockets on the again of the brand new fan 11 Lower backside circumstances onto body 12, lining up its screw holes with these alongside the highest fringe of body 13
- Screw in all six Phillips head screws 14, then change battery 15 and plug in the facility wire
HP Envy x360 Convertible CPU Cooling Fan Replacement Video
Table of Contents
- HP Envy x360 Convertible CPU Cooling Fan Replacement Video
- Hp Envy X360 Fan Noise
- Hp Envy X360 Cooling Fan Error
- Hp Envy X360 Cooling Fan
- Hp Envy 17 Cooling Fan Replacement
- FAQs About How to Replace Fan in Hp Envy X360
- How Do I Replace the Cooling Fan on My Hp Envy X360?
- How Do I Replace the Fan in My Hp Envy Laptop?
- Does the Hp Envy X360 Have a Fan?
- Can You Replace a Cooling Fan in a Hp Laptop?
- Conclusion of How to Replace Fan in Hp Envy X360
Related: How to Fix Water-Damaged Laptop?
Hp Envy X360 Fan Noise
If you’re a fan of HP laptops, you could be in the brand new HP Envy x360. This laptop computer has quite a bit to provide, together with a smooth design, highly effective efficiency, and an ideal value.
However, there’s one factor that some customers have been noticing concerning the HP Envy x360: fan noise.
Some customers have reported that the fan on their HP Envy x360 is kind of loud. This might be annoying, particularly if you happen to’re making an attempt to use the laptop computer in a quiet surroundings. The excellent news is that there are some issues you are able to do to assist scale back the noise out of your HP Envy x360 fan.
First, ensure that the vents on the underside of your laptop computer are clear. If they’re blocked by one thing like carpet or a blanket, it could actually trigger the fan to work tougher and make extra noise. You may also strive setting your laptop computer on a tough floor as an alternative of sentimental surfaces like pillows or blankets.
This will assist enhance airflow and scale back fan noise. If you continue to discover that your HP Envy x360 fan is simply too loud in your liking, there are some third-party software program options that may assist. These applications permit you to management how usually your laptop’s followers activate and off, in addition to how briskly they spin.
Hp Envy X360 Cooling Fan Error
If you have been getting the HP Envy x360 cooling fan error, don’t fret, you are not alone. This is a standard downside with this mannequin of laptop computer and there are some things you are able to do to repair it. First, strive cleansing out the vents.
Use a can of compressed air to blow out any mud or particles that could be blocking the airflow. If that does not work, you might want to change the cooling fan. Fortunately, it is a comparatively straightforward repair.
Just comply with these steps:
- Power down your laptop computer and unplug it from the AC adapter.
- Remove the battery (if doable) and disconnect all exterior gadgets.
- Flip over your laptop computer and take away the screws that maintain down the again panel.
- Carefully take away the again panel and find the cooling fan meeting close to the underside left nook of the motherboard (it needs to be labeled FAN1).
- Disconnect the facility connector from the fan meeting (it is often a white 4-pin connector). You may have to use a small flathead screwdriver to launch it from its housing.
- Remove the 2 screws holding down the fan meeting and raise them out of the laptop computer (watch out not to drop any screws into the open laptop computer!).
- Install the brand new fan meeting by reversing steps 4 –6.
- Put all the things again collectively and reboot your laptop computer.”
Hp Envy X360 Cooling Fan
The HP Envy x360 is a superb laptop computer for many who desire a highly effective and transportable gadget. However, one of many downfalls of this laptop computer is that the cooling fan might be fairly loud. If you are on the lookout for methods to scale back the noise coming out of your HP Envy x360’s cooling fan, listed below are a number of suggestions:
Make positive that there’s nothing blocking the air vents on the bottom of the laptop. If these vents are blocked, it could actually trigger the fan to work tougher and make extra noise. – Check to see if the fan pace setting in your BIOS is ready to “High.”
If it’s, strive altering it to “Medium” or “Low.” This could assist to scale back the fan noise. – Some customers have discovered that voting their CPU might help to scale back fan noise.
This is a little more superior and you will want to perform a little research to determine how to do that correctly. But if you happen to’re up for it, it could possibly be value a strive! – You may also strive utilizing a software program program like Fan Control to manually regulate your fan speeds.
This might be useful if you happen to discover that your fan is operating too excessive even when there is not a lot warmth being generated by your laptop computer.
Hp Envy 17 Cooling Fan Replacement
If you’ve gotten an HP Envy 17 and the cooling fan has failed, do not despair! It is feasible to change the cooling fan your self. This weblog submit will present detailed directions on how to accomplish that.
First, you will want to collect the next instruments and supplies: – A Phillips head screwdriver – A flathead screwdriver
A small pair of pliers – A brand new cooling fan (obtainable on-line or at your native electronics retailer) – Thermal paste (additionally obtainable on-line or at your native electronics retailer)
Once you’ve gotten all the needed instruments and supplies, comply with these steps:
1. First, energy down your HP Envy 17 and unplug it from any exterior energy supply. Then, flip it over so that you could entry the underside panel.
2. Using your Phillips head screwdriver, take away the six screws that safe the underside panel in place. Once these screws are eliminated, fastidiously raise off the underside panel and set it apart.
3. With the underside panel eliminated, you need to now find a way to see the cooling fan meeting. There are 4 screws holding it in place – two on all sides. Use your Phillips head screwdriver to take away these screws and set them apart.
4. Carefully pull out the outdated cooling fan meeting and disconnect the 2 wires operating to it (one black, one white).
5. If you might be reusing the outdated thermal paste: Use a clear fabric to wipe away any outdated thermal paste from each the CPU and GPU heatsinks. Apply a skinny layer of recent thermal paste to each heatsinks (a pea dimension quantity needs to be ample).
Place the brand new cooling fan meeting in place and reconnect the wires (black on the left aspect, white on the suitable aspect ). Screw in the 4 mounting screws till they’re cosy however do not overtighten them. Skip forward to step 8.
FAQs About How to Replace Fan in Hp Envy X360
The following are the responses to some continuously requested questions in regards to the “How to Replace Fan in Hp Envy X360” subject:
How Do I Replace the Cooling Fan on My Hp Envy X360?
If your HP Envy x360 is having points with its cooling fan, you might want to change it. This information will present you the way to do this.
First, you may want to energy down your laptop computer and unplug it from any energy supply.
Then, take away the underside panel by loosening the screws that maintain it in place. Be cautious not to lose any of the screws! Once the underside panel is off, try to be in a position to see the cooling fan.
There will likely be two wires connecting it to the motherboard – one for energy and one for knowledge. Carefully disconnect each of those wires. Now you possibly can take away the outdated cooling fan.
There could also be some thermal paste on the CPU warmth sink beneath – in that case, clear this off earlier than continuing. Take your new cooling fan and line it up with the holes in the case, then screw it in place (once more, do not lose these screws!).
Reconnect the facility and knowledge cables, then change the underside panel and screw it again into place.
That’s it – you have now efficiently changed your HP Envy x360’s cooling fan!
How Do I Replace the Fan in My Hp Envy Laptop?
Assuming you want to a weblog submit discussing how to change the fan in an HP Envy laptop computer: “How to Replace the Fan in Your HP Envy Laptop If your HP Envy laptop computer is operating sizzling and making noise, it is seemingly time to clear or change the fan.
Replacing the fan shouldn’t be troublesome, however you will want to open up your laptop computer case and work with small elements. Here’s a information to enable you by way of the method. What You’ll Need:
– Phillips head screwdriver – Flathead screwdriver (non-compulsory) – New alternative fan (might be discovered on-line or at a pc retailer)
– Isopropyl alcohol (non-compulsory) Instructions:
1. Power down your HP Envy laptop computer and unplug it from any energy supply.
2. Flip over your laptop computer and take away all the screws from the underside panel utilizing a Phillips head screwdriver.
3. Carefully take away the underside panel – there could also be plastic snaps holding it in place which might be gently pried open with a flathead screwdriver if wanted.
4. Identify your outdated fan – it needs to be situated close to the middle of the laptop computer, shut to the place the CPU is situated.
Does the Hp Envy X360 Have a Fan?
The HP Envy x360 is a superb laptop computer for many who desire a highly effective gadget that may deal with demanding duties. The Envy x360 comes with a fan that helps to maintain the system cool and stop overheating.
The fan is situated on the underside of the laptop computer, and it’s straightforward to entry if you happen to want to clear it or change it.
Can You Replace a Cooling Fan in a Hp Laptop?
If your HP laptop computer is overheating, or the fan is making unusual noises, it could be time to change the cooling fan. Here’s a information to changing the cooling fan in an HP laptop computer.
First, you may want to buy a alternative cooling fan. Make positive to get one that’s appropriate together with your mannequin HP laptop computer. You can discover this data on the HP web site or by contacting buyer assist.
Once you’ve gotten the brand new cooling fan, energy down your laptop computer and unplug it from any energy supply. Remove the battery if doable.
Next, find the screws holding the again panel in place and take away them. Carefully take away the again panel and set it apart.
Locate the outdated cooling fan inside your laptop computer and disconnect it from its energy provide. You ought to now find a way to take away the outdated cooling fan simply. Install the brand new cooling fan in its place and reconnect it to its energy provide. Replace the again panel and screw it into place.
Finally, reattach your battery (if relevant) and plug in your laptop computer. Turn it on and take a look at that the brand new cooling fan is working correctly.
If all goes nicely, your laptop computer needs to be cooled extra successfully now and hopefully will not overheat anymore!
Conclusion of How to Replace Fan in Hp Envy X360
If your HP Envy x360 begins making noise, it could be time to change the fan. Here’s a step-by-step information on how to do it.
First, shut down your laptop computer and unplug it from any energy supply.
Next, take away the again panel by unscrewing the screws that maintain it in place. Once the again panel is off, you need to see the fan meeting. To take away the outdated fan, merely unplug it from the motherboard after which pull it out of its housing.
To set up the brand new fan, simply reverse these steps – plug in the brand new fan after which screw the again panel into place.
We hope you loved studying this ‘How to Replace Fan in Hp Envy X360′ guide about Selena. Please share it with pals and different Selena followers.
Please settle for my greetings and thanks for studying!